- German economy to lose $265 bln in added value due to war, high energy prices-study, article with imageMacro Matters ·
August 9, 2022 · 8:49 AM UTC· undefined ago
Germany's economy will lose more than 260 billion euros ($265 billion) in added value by 2030 due to the Ukraine war and high energy prices, spelling negative effects for the labour market, according to a study by the Institute for Employment Research (IAB).
- WorldTaiwan says detected 66 Chinese aircraft in strait on Sunday
Taiwan's defence ministry said it had detected 66 Chinese air force planes and 14 Chinese warships conducting activities in and around the Taiwan Strait on Sunday.
- WorldTaiwan scrambles jets as Chinese aircraft cross median line
Taiwan scrambled jets on Saturday to warn away 20 Chinese aircraft including 14 that crossed the Taiwan Strait median line, Taiwan's defence ministry said.
- WorldTaiwan scrambles jets as 49 Chinese fighters cross Taiwan Strait median line
Taiwan scrambled jets on Friday to warn away 49 Chinese aircraft in its air defence zone, the Taiwanese defence ministry said.
- WorldTaiwan says it fired flares to drive away suspected drones near Kinmen
Taiwan's defence ministry said on Thursday that unidentified aircraft, probably drones, had flown on Wednesday night above the area of its Kinmen islands and that it had fired flares to drive them away.