- South Korea to hold first talks with striking truckers on MondayWorld ·
November 28, 2022 · 4:09 AM UTC
South Korea's government will meet a striking truckers' union on Monday for the first talks of a five-day nationwide walkout, as supply chain glitches worsen and concrete runs out at building sites.
- Asian MarketsBank of China agrees to provide credit lines totaling more than 600 bln yuan to 10 property developers
Bank of China Ltd announced Friday that it had agreed to provide credit lines totaling more than 600 billion yuan ($83.8 billion) to 10 property developers, including Vanke and Country Garden.
- Asian MarketsJapan factory output seen down for second month in sign of patchy recovery- Reuters poll
Japan's factory output likely fell for a second straight month in October, while retail sales probably grew at the fastest pace since May 2021, according to a Reuters poll of 17 economists, underscoring an uneven recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- BusinessMobile operator Veon to sell Russian business for $2.2 bln
Amsterdam-listed mobile operator Veon said on Thursday it would sell its Russian business, Vimpelcom, to senior members of the Vimpelcom management team, led by CEO Aleksander Torbakhov, for 130 billion roubles ($2.2 billion)
- WorldAbu Dhabi close to unveiling new economic strategy - economic development chairman
Abu Dhabi is close to unveiling its overall new economic strategy, Mohamed Ali Al Shorafa, chairman of the Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development, said on Thursday.