- Sliding output, orders hit Japan's factory activity in SeptemberMacro Matters ·
October 3, 2022 · 12:36 AM UTC
Japan's manufacturing activity grew at its slowest pace since the start of last year in September as a slide in output and new orders intensified due to weakening demand from China, the United States and other trading partners.
- Asian MarketsChina state-owned firms' Jan-August profits down 1.5% y/y
Profits at China's state-owned firms in January-August fell 1.5% from the same period a year earlier to 3 trillion yuan ($420.8 billion), the country's finance ministry said on Friday, narrowing from a 2.1% drop in January-July.
- Macro MattersChina's Sept factory activity contracts more sharply as demand slumps
China's factory activity contracted at a sharper pace in September as strict COVID lockdowns disrupted production and dampened sales, a private sector survey showed on Friday.
- Asian MarketsChina's Sept factory activity unexpectedly expands - official PMI
China's factory activity unexpectedly expanded in September, an official survey showed on Friday, even as authorities imposed strict COVID-19 curbs in big cities and export growth softened.
- WorldIndia's Blade signs order for up to 200 electric aircraft from Embraer's Eve
Brazil's Eve Holding Inc said on Tuesday that Blade India has signed a purchase order for up to 200 of its electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOLs), allowing it to expand its urban air mobility ecosystem in the Asian country.