- Latest Trade
- trading higher--
- % Change
- As of Aug 10 2022. Values delayed up to 15 minutes
- Day Range
- -- - --
- 52-Week Range
- -- - --
Malaysia's central bank will raise rates by 25 basis points on Wednesday, its first consecutive rise in more than a decade, to rein in inflation stemming in part from a weaker ringgit as the U.S. Federal Reserve hikes aggressively, a Reuters poll found.
Markets PerformanceOfficial Data Partner
Source: Refinitiv, an LSEG business - data delayed by at least 15 minutes
- MarketsMalaysia c.bank holds interest rate at record low, says Ukraine conflict a key risk
Malaysia's central bank kept its benchmark interest rate at a record low on Thursday, in line with expectations, as the country's economic recovery gathers pace.
- BusinessMalaysia c.bank holds key rate steady to support economic recovery
Malaysia's central bank kept its benchmark interest rate unchanged on Wednesday, as expected, to support a steady recovery as the economy gradually reopens amid high COVID-19 vaccination rates.
- WorldMalaysia plans to lift government debt ceiling to 65% of GDP
Malaysia's cabinet has proposed raising the government's statutory debt ceiling to 65% of gross domestic product, as part of measures to deal with the economic fallout of the COVID-19 pandemic, the finance minister said on Tuesday.
- WorldMalaysia's c.bank seen holding key rate amid extended lockdown
Malaysia's central bank is expected to leave its key interest rate unchanged, a Reuters poll showed on Tuesday, amid an extended nationwide lockdown imposed to contain a surge in COVID-19 infections.