- Latest Trade
- trading higher--
- As of Jun 4 2023. Values delayed up to 15 minutes
- Today's Range
- -- - --
- 52 Week Range
- -- - --
Australian gas producer Santos Ltd booked record sales revenue for 2021, pumped up by soaring oil and gas prices, and expects to reap big gains following its $6.2 billion takeover of Oil Search amid a surging energy market.
Markets PerformanceOfficial Data Partner
|Brent Crude Oil||76.13||--|
Rates & Bonds
|Euro STOXX 50||4,323.52||1.55%|
Source: Refinitiv, an LSEG business - data delayed by at least 15 minutes
- MarketsAustralia shares rise as Omicron fears ease, commodity stocks rally
Australian shares rose on Wednesday, led by mining and energy stocks on sharp rises in iron ore and oil prices, buoyed by hopes of limited disruption from the Omicron coronavirus variant.
- MarketsDeals of the day Mergers and acquisitions
The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 1030 GMT on Tuesday:
- MarketsAustralian shares rise as RBA holds rates, Omicron fears ease
Australian shares rose for a third session on Tuesday, following a decision by the central bank to leave interest rates on hold and as fears around the Omicron coronavirus variant eased after experts said the new strain would not be as dangerous as Delta.
- MarketsEnergy stocks drive Australia shares higher as Omicron worries abate
Australian shares rose on Tuesday, powered by gains in energy stocks after oil prices climbed overnight on hopes that the Omicron coronavirus variant would have a less damaging economic impact if its symptoms proved mostly mild.
- MarketsAustralia shares close higher but mark fourth weekly fall
Australian shares closed higher on Friday, but posted their fourth straight weekly fall as worries over the new Omicron coronavirus variant and its possible economic impact weighed on investor sentiment.
- MarketsAustralia shares rise as Omicron shock eases; set for fourth weekly loss
Australian shares gained ground on Friday, as the initial shock of the Omicron coronavirus variant weaned away and the market looked to recoup some of its losses from earlier in the week when the new variant cases were reported in the country.