WASHINGTON A bipartisan deal from two senators to stabilize Obamacare by restoring subsidies to health insurers suffered major setbacks on Wednesday with the White House saying President Donald Trump now opposes it and senior Republicans speaking out against it. | Video
- Some middle-class Americans worry Trump health subsidies cut will hurt
- Uganda confirms one death from Ebola-like Marburg virus
- China biotech's 'coming out party' masks long road ahead
- Insurance a major factor in blacks’ higher breast cancer mortality
- Novo Nordisk takes aim at Eli Lilly with U.S. backing of new diabetes drug
KIEV Ukrainian lawmakers voted through a long-delayed overhaul of the health system on Thursday that the state's Western backers say will raise standards and tackle a culture of bribe-taking in surgeries and hospitals.
ZURICH Swiss drugmaker Novartis is to cut 450 jobs in the United States over the next two years as it gradually shuts a generics manufacturing plant in Colorado and discontinues some products in the face of intense price pressures.
U.S. regulators approved on Wednesday a new therapy for a type of lymphoma, which was developed by Gilead Science Inc's Kite Pharma, marking the second approval for this potentially revolutionary approach to fighting cancer.
SEOUL South Korean investigators raided the Seoul office of McDonald's Corp on Wednesday following a series of complaints that children fell ill after eating hamburger patties alleged to have been undercooked, Yonhap News Agency and other media said.