BOSTON The U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Friday took steps to restrict what pharmaceutical ingredients large compounding pharmacies can use to manufacture drugs in bulk that do not go through the agency's approval processes.
- Trump says will sue drug companies over opioids
- Pfizer's quit-smoking Chantix fails study in adolescent smokers
- EMA panel recommends against Portola's clot prevention drug
- Top-quality nursing homes harder to access with mental health issues
- Obesity, overweight tied to shorter life, more years with heart disease
(Reuters Health) - Even when cutting calories helps people lose weight, they may have a harder time getting rid of excess body fat if they don’t get enough sleep, a small experiment suggests.
BOSTON Alere Inc has agreed to pay $33.2 million to resolve claims it knowingly sold unreliable diagnostic testing devices to hospitals prior to its acquisition by Abbott Laboratories last year, the U.S. Justice Department said on Friday.
A panel of European Medicines Agency (EMA) has recommended granting conditional marketing approval to Clovis Oncology's drug for ovarian cancer, citing anti-tumour activity.
(Reuters Health) - For women bothered by vaginal symptoms after menopause, prescription local estrogen treatments and expensive specialty lubricants may provide relief, but no more so than a dummy drug, researchers say.