The U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Tuesday extended the expiration date of specific lots of Mylan NV's EpiPen allergy injectors by four months to mitigate the shortage of the life-saving treatment.
- Israel bans Juul e-cigarettes citing 'grave' public health risk
- FDA declines to approve Allergan's Esmya
- Small effects from millions of genes may add up to new risk-screening tool
- U.S. health secretary says agency can eliminate drug rebates |
- Cervical cancer screening without Pap test OK for some women
(Reuters Health) - Brand-name medicines that combine multiple drugs into a single pill may be more expensive than buying each drug separately, a U.S. study suggests.
(Reuters Health) - Two popular monitors that promise to keep parents informed about their babies' vital signs scored poorly in a test comparing them with actual hospital quality monitors, researchers say.
BEIJING The mayor of the Chinese city of Changchun resigned on Tuesday, state media reported, after a safety scandal at Changchun-based vaccine maker Changsheng Biotechnology sparked widespread consumer anger.
(Reuters Health) - More retailers may be selling cigarettes to minors than government estimates have suggested, a new study finds.