WASHINGTON U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said it was within his agency's power to eliminate rebates on prescription drug purchases, a key element of the Trump administration's plan to lower prescription medicine costs. | Video
- More U.S. stores likely sell cigarettes to minors than reported
- Socioeconomic status helps explain U.S. childhood cancer survival rates
- Tainted heart drug from second Chinese firm pulled off EU market
- Moderate 'bad cholesterol' levels tied to early death for healthy people
- Roche's Alecensa latest beneficiary of faster China drug approvals
(Reuters Health) - Parents who've said "no" to teen tattoos need not feel alone. A new U.S. survey finds that 78 percent of parents wouldn't even consider allowing their teenager to get inked.
WASHINGTON/NEW YORK The Trump administration on Thursday proposed that U.S. drugmakers cut production quotas of the six most abused opioids by 10 percent next year to fight a nationwide addiction crisis. | Video
SHANGHAI China said on Saturday it has sacked six senior officials at its food and drug regulator after a safety scandal at vaccine maker Changsheng Biotechnology Co Ltd revealed failings at the government body including inadequate supervision.
BEIJING China's Ministry of Agriculture said on Sunday 88 hogs had died from African swine fever in the eastern city of Lianyungang, the third outbreak this month, as the highly-contagious disease threatened to spread through the world's biggest pig herd.