ZURICH Chinese regulators are speeding up drug approvals, with Roche's Alecensa cancer medicine the latest beneficiary in a market that is growing increasingly important for international pharmaceuticals companies' growth plans.
- Trump administration proposes production quota cuts for six opioids |
- China sacks six senior officials at food and drug regulator over vaccine scandal
- Third African swine fever outbreak hits China's hog herd
- FDA approves Bristol-Myers' Opdivo for small cell lung cancer
- Militia threat hampers Ebola fight in Congo as disease kills 47
BEIJING A proposal by two Chinese researchers to force couples with fewer than two children to pay into a "procreation fund" backfired on Friday, with critics calling it a "thoughtless" and "absurd" way to battle the problem of an ageing population.
BEIJING China has ordered the world's top pork producer, WH Group Ltd, to shut a major slaughterhouse as authorities race to stop the spread of deadly African swine fever (ASF) after a second outbreak in the planet's biggest hog herd in two weeks.
(Reuters Health) - People who take pills to lower their blood pressure often take other drugs that reduce the pills' effectiveness, a recent study suggests.
(Reuters Health) - Music therapy may improve depression and anxiety in dementia patients, a new analysis suggests.