ZURICH European drugmakers Roche, Bayer and Merck KGaA became the latest companies to freeze prices in the United States for the rest of 2018 following criticism by President Donald Trump over the cost of medicine.
- Bayer to phase out Essure birth control device in U.S.
- CPR training should change, and maybe there should be an app for that
- U.S. court rejects Allergan bid to shield patents through tribe deal
- Cigarette use declines among U.S. young women, but marijuana blunt use rises
- 'Invisible' stool blood tied to increased risk of premature death
ZURICH The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has granted Roche an accelerated review for its Elecsys product used to diagnose Alzheimer's disease, the Swiss drugmaker said on Friday.
LONDON Drug regulators across Europe are hiring extra staff and increasing their workload as the role of British experts in the EU-wide system of medicines supervision winds down ahead of Brexit.
Agios Pharmaceuticals Inc said on Friday the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved its treatment for a type of leukemia, the first targeted drug for patients with a specific genetic mutation.
GENEVA Honduras has appealed against a WTO ruling won last month by Australia on its "plain" packaging requirements for tobacco, a WTO spokesman said on Friday.