WASHINGTON A California law that requires Christian-based facilities that steer pregnant women away from abortion to post notices about the availability of state-subsidized abortions ran into trouble at the U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday, with justices on the right and left indicating it may violate free speech rights. | Video
- Mississippi's new law restricting abortion blocked by judge for 10 days
- Children risk serious injuries on golf carts
- Guns tied to high suicide risk for teens with self-harm history
- Fall injuries in very elderly rising, outcomes may be slightly better
- FDA seeks data on role of flavors in tobacco addiction
(Reuters Health) - Fair-skinned children and young adults should get counseling on how to avoid sunburns that can lead to skin cancer, according to new guidelines from U.S. physicians.
U.S. regulators on Tuesday approved Seattle Genetics Inc's Adcetris as part of a chemotherapy cocktail to treat advanced Hodgkin's lymphoma in newly diagnosed patients, making it the first new treatment in over 40 years.
ZURICH Roche's immunotherapy Tecentriq on Tuesday racked up a third trial win in combination with other cancer drugs, a boost for the Swiss drugmaker as it seeks to muscle in on space dominated by Merck and Bristol-Myers Squibb.
MANCHESTER, N.H. President Donald Trump spelled out in new detail several steps he favors to fight a U.S. epidemic of opioid abuse, including the execution of drug dealers, a proposal that has gained little support from drug abuse and judicial experts. | Video