A federal appeals court on Thursday declared unconstitutional an Indiana law signed by then-Governor Mike Pence that banned women from having abortions because of the gender, race or disability, including Down's syndrome, of their fetuses.
- Biogen boosts investment in neurology with $1 billion Ionis deal
- Hungarian laboratory worker isolated after exposure to Ebola virus
- U.S. biotech companies Alnylam, Dicerna settle trade secrets case
- Germany's Merck seeks partners for cancer and immune system drugs
- Novartis CEO feels heat on U.S. generics, Cosentyx drop
(Reuters Health) - Many children hospitalized in the U.S. for brain injuries don't receive all the rehabilitation services needed for them to potentially make a full recovery, a new study suggests.
(Reuters Health) - Narcotic painkillers can be particularly dangerous for patients who also take tranquilizing drugs known as benzodiazepines, but a study suggests doctors are still over-prescribing this combination of medicines.
(Reuters Health) - Older adults who lose a spouse may be more vulnerable to cognitive decline in subsequent years and require extra support and monitoring, researchers say.
(Reuters Health) - Yoga, exercise, education and personal skills training are among the many types of interventions that may help kids improve what's known as self-regulation, or their ability to manage their behavior and emotions, a study suggests.