BRUSSELS U.S. smartphone chipmaker Qualcomm is set to win “imminent” Japanese antitrust clearance for its $38-billion bid for NXP Semiconductors and gain Europe’s approval by the end of the year with slight tweaks to its concessions, a person familiar with the matter said.
Recent Technology News
Verizon Communications Inc, no. 1 U.S. wireless carrier, is close to a new deal with the National Football League for digital streaming rights, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
LONDON British finance minister Philip Hammond's budget statement this week will include measures to encourage the development of driverless and electric cars, artificial intelligence and telecommunications, the finance ministry said on Sunday.
BEIJING China Citic Bank Corp and search engine giant Baidu Inc launched on Saturday a direct banking joint venture, dubbed AiBank, to capitalize on China's rapidly growing fintech sector.
WOLFSBURG/HAMBURG Volkswagen approved a 34 billion euro ($40 bln) spending plan on Friday that accelerates its efforts to become a global leader in electric cars. | Video
TOKYO Toshiba Corp will decide on Monday to raise some $5 billion from overseas investors, allowing the troubled conglomerate to remain a publicly traded company even if the sale of a key business is delayed, two people with direct knowledge of the process said.
- Asia stocks falter as weakness in China markets dim mood
- Battered GE shares lure some buyers but worst may not be over
- Airbus faces tricky hurdles over stalled A380 Emirates deal
- Mexico, Canada shun NAFTA autos counteroffers: sources
- Former Obama administration official in bid for The Weinstein Co
- Oil markets tepid ahead of November 30 OPEC meeting
- Avolon firms up deal for 75 Boeing jets, may order 20 more
- Alibaba goes offline with $2.9 billion stake in China's top grocer
- Despite Amazon, brick stores are not dead yet