TORONTO/SAN FRANCISCO Struggling ride-hailing firm Uber [UBER.UL] faces a fresh regulatory crackdown after disclosing it paid hackers $100,000 to keep secret a massive breach last year that exposed personal data from around 57 million accounts. | Video
Recent Technology News
SYDNEY Amazon.com Inc has told its Australian sellers to be ready to take orders on Nov. 23, according to a retailer, the first time the global retail juggernaut has given a start date for doing business in the world No. 12 economy.
LAGOS Facebook will open a "community hub space" in Nigeria next year to encourage software developers and technology entrepreneurs and become the latest technology giant to pursue a training program in fast-growing Africa.
The U.S. International Trade Commission has ruled in favor of Rovi Corp, which is now known as TiVo Corp, and prohibited Comcast Corp from importing and selling certain types of Rovi's Xfinity X1 set-top boxes.
BEIJING/HONG KONG Chinese gaming giant Tencent Holdings Ltd is bringing "Playerunknown's Battleground", the world's hottest video game, to China, but with a twist. The gory, battle royale-style game will get a socialist makeover to meet stringent Chinese rules.
FRANKFURT Germany spy agencies should have the authority to digitally strike back against cyber criminals, the president of Germany's new cyber security agency Zitis told Der Spiegel newsmagazine.
- Higher oil prices help Wall Street nullify tech retreat
- P&G reviewing board seat recount; Trian calls it waste of time
- Britain to sell 15 billion pounds of RBS shares over five years
- Rockwell Automation rebuffs Emerson's latest bid
- U.S. November auto sales to benefit from Black Friday deals: Edmunds
- Apple scientists disclose self-driving car research