BEIJING Alphabet Inc's Google said on Wednesday it is opening an artificial intelligence (AI) research center in China to target the country's local talent, even as the U.S. search firm's products remain blocked in the country.
Recent Technology News
SEOUL South Korea said on Wednesday it may tax capital gains from cryptocurrency trading as global regulators worried about a bubble, with Australia's central bank chief warning of a 'speculative mania" that has seen the digital asset making rip-roaring gains. | Video
BERLIN Deutsche Telekom is partnering with EWE AG [LANDWE.UL] to invest 2 billion euros ($2.4 billion) in building out a superfast glass-fiber broadband network in northwestern Germany, the companies said on Wednesday.
NEW YORK AT&T Inc has started trials in Georgia state and a non-U.S. location to deliver high-speed internet over power lines, the No. 2 wireless carrier said on Wednesday, marking its latest push to offer faster broadband service to more customers.
TOKYO Toyota Motor Corp is considering making batteries for electric vehicles (EV) with Panasonic Corp , as it ramps up battery development to help meet its goal for green cars to comprise half of global sales by 2030. | Video
BERLIN Germany is carefully monitoring the impact of cryptocurrencies on markets, a finance ministry spokesman said on Wednesday, as bitcoin surged and the futures of the best known cryptocurrency made their world debut on a U.S. stock exchange.
- Shares eye record high as Fed heads for 2017 hat-trick
- WTO struggles to hone global trade vision after U.S. turnabout
- Trump to make final tax push as Republican negotiators near deal
- U.S. core CPI slows in November, apparel prices tumble
- Airbus leadership under fire as crisis deepens
- Sports Direct shareholders veto payment to brother of founder Mike Ashley
- Novartis generics arm says may sell or end some products
- With rate hike in the bag, Fed may hint at Trump effect on economy
- Wall Street scales higher on tech gains; Fed's rate decision awaited
- Want cheaper British car insurance? Mind how you shop