SYDNEY Amazon.com Inc's Australian arm began an order-taking trial on Thursday, giving life to the hype which has preceded its arrival in the world's No. 12 economy and weighed on the shares of the brick-and-mortar retail sector.
Recent Technology News
BEIJING Smartphone maker Apple Inc and its biggest manufacturing partner on Wednesday said that a small number of students were discovered working overtime in its Chinese factory, violating local labor laws.
Chipmaker Broadcom Ltd is considering raising its offer to buy rival Qualcomm Inc by offering more of its own stock, following consultation with several of Qualcomm's top shareholders, according to people familiar with the matter.
Facebook Inc's first major investor Peter Thiel has sold three-quarters of his remaining stake in the social network as part of a previously established trading plan, a regulatory filing showed.
Shares of Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co fell 6 percent on Wednesday after Chief Executive Officer Meg Whitman's decision to step down from the role took Wall Street by surprise.
SAN FRANCISCO Facebook Inc said on Wednesday it would build a web page to allow users to see which Russian propaganda accounts they have liked or followed, after U.S. lawmakers demanded that the social network be more open about the reach of the accounts.
- Fed policymakers say rate increase likely warranted soon: minutes
- Dollar dumped, bonds buoyant on Fed inflation caution
- Tesla cranks up big battery in Australia
- Rockwell Automation rebuffs Emerson's latest $29 billion bid |
- Cathay Pacific's pilots plan levy as buffer against action by airline
- Saudi Arabia agrees to buy $7 billion in precision munitions from U.S. firms: sources