LOS ANGELES As Amazon.com looks to upend the U.S. grocery market with home delivery, some veteran supermarket operators are betting on a different strategy: curbside pickup. Americans have long loved the convenience of drive-through service for burgers and coffee. Kroger Co and Walmart Inc are tweaking that formula for groceries. | Video
Recent Technology News
Sydney Australia's Aconex Ltd said on Monday it had received a A$1.56 billion ($1.2 billion), or A$7.80 in cash-per-share, buyout offer from U.S. software major Oracle Corp , sending the target's share price up 45 percent.
TOKYO The head of Japan's Hitachi Ltd said the company was aiming to improve its operating margin to double digits by fiscal 2021 from current levels of around 7 percent.
TOKYO Toyota Motor Corp said it would market more than 10 all-electric vehicle (EV) models globally in the early 2020s, a target which could require the firm to look beyond a partnership with Panasonic Corp to co-develop and supply batteries.
BEIJING Chinese internet giant Tencent Holdings Ltd said on Monday it would lead an $863 million investment in apparel platform Vipshop Holdings Ltd , upping its rivalry in retail with Alibaba Group Holding Ltd .
OSLO Norway's Opera Software has changed its name to Otello Corporation, it said in a statement on Monday.
- U.S. tax cut outlook drives stocks but dents dollar
- Hershey nears $1.6 billion deal to buy Amplify Snacks: CNBC
- Thai Beverage unit wins auction to buy 54 percent stake in Sabeco
- German Vonovia climbs property ladder with $6.1 billion Buwog deal
- Workers at Israel's Teva Pharm block roads, continue protest over job cuts
- Lockheed hits 2017 F-35 delivery target despite production hiccups