BRUSSELS U.S. smartphone chipmaker Qualcomm is set to win “imminent” Japanese antitrust clearance for its $38-billion bid for NXP Semiconductors and gain Europe’s approval by the end of the year with slight tweaks to its concessions, a person familiar with the matter said.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO Apple Inc has pushed the launch of its HomePod smart speaker to early next year from December, the company said on Friday, missing the holiday shopping season as the market for such devices becomes increasingly competitive.
TOKYO Toshiba Corp will decide on Monday to raise some $5 billion from overseas investors, allowing the troubled conglomerate to remain a publicly traded company even if the sale of a key business is delayed, two people with direct knowledge of the process said.
LONDON Bitcoin hit an all-time high just below $8,000 on Friday, on talk that a software upgrade whose suspension sent the cryptocurrency into a tailspin at the end of last week was, after all, going ahead within hours.
BRASILIA The head of Brazil's lower house of Congress said on Friday he hopes that the chamber will approve the Senate version of a bill regulating ride-hailing apps such as Uber Technologies Inc [UBER.UL].
- Battered GE shares lure some buyers but worst may not be over
- Airbus faces tricky hurdles over stalled A380 Emirates deal
- 'No fireworks' at NAFTA talks, but few signs of progress
- Volkswagen to invest $27 billion in core brand until 2022
- Avolon firms up deal for 75 Boeing jets, may order 20 more
- Buyers circle suddenly attractive U.S. media companies |
- Despite Amazon, brick stores are not dead yet