LONDON Bitcoin hit a new record high on Monday after smashing through the $8,000 level for the first time over the weekend, marking an almost 50 percent climb in just eight days.
Recent Technology News
HONG KONG China's biggest social network and gaming firm Tencent Holdings, which last week reported forecast-beating quarterly results, is close to making Malaysia the first foreign country to roll out its WeChat ecosystem, an executive told Reuters.
MEXICO CITY Uber Technologies Inc, which has been facing a wave of regulations in Latin America, is fighting proposed rules in Cancun that the ride-hailing service says could drive it out of the top Mexican beach resort.
SAN FRANCISCO A bipartisan Harvard University project aimed at protecting elections from hacking and propaganda will release its first set of recommendations today on how U.S. elections can be defended from hacking attacks.
TOKYO/HONG KONG Toshiba Corp's planned $5.4 billion new share issue to overseas investors is set to provide it with most of the funds it needs to avoid a delisting - a quickly arranged deal that underscores both the weakness of its finances and the allure of its chips unit. | Video
PARIS French retailer Auchan [AUCH.UL] said on Monday it had not been approached by E-commerce giant Amazon about deals or partnerships in Europe, with speculation still rife that Amazon may be eyeing European transactions.
- U.S. sues to stop AT&T buying Time Warner, says would hike rates |
- Asia stocks supported by global growth optimism, dollar strong
- Canada, Mexico to rebuff U.S. over NAFTA goals as talks bog down |
- Nebraska clears path for Keystone XL pipeline, challenges remain |
- Oil prices steady as rising U.S. output undermines OPEC cuts
- BHP, Vale get extension to settle $48 billion Samarco claim
- Amsterdam, Paris win post-Brexit EU agencies in lucky dip |
- 21st Century Fox in $90 million settlement tied to sexual harassment scandal