SAN FRANCISCO Silicon Valley investor Shervin Pishevar, known for his early bet on Uber Technologies Inc [UBER.UL], said on Thursday that he would sever ties with his venture capital company, Sherpa Capital, after being accused of sexual misconduct.
Recent Technology News
JAKARTA Indonesia's Go-Jek has acquired three financial technology businesses, as it expands from ride-hailing and other mobile on-demand offerings into payments and other services.
BERLIN Germany's foreign intelligence agency (BND) must not store the metadata - such as phone numbers - of international phone calls for the purpose of intelligence analysis, a court rules on Thursday.
Hackers likely working for a nation-state recently invaded the safety system of a critical infrastructure facility in a watershed attack that halted plant operations, according to cyber investigators and the firm whose software was targeted.
WASHINGTON A U.S. regulatory panel on Thursday called for watchdogs to closely monitor risks created by financial innovation, warning that "fintech" and virtual currencies such as bitcoin threaten to disrupt the traditional financial services industry.
WILMINGTON, Del. Delaware's Supreme Court ruled on Thursday that a lower court erred in finding that the 2013 buyout of computer maker Dell Inc was vastly underpriced, in an opinion that will likely restrict a hedge fund strategy aimed at wringing cash from mergers.
- Disney buying Fox film, TV units for $52 billion in digital push |
- Asian shares edge up, on track for weekly gain
- Airbus planemaking chief Bregier to leave in February: sources
- More efficient SUVs a factor in product strategy: Ford CEO
- Oil stable on tighter market, but rising US output looms for 2018
- Murdoch bets live sports and news will boost new, smaller Fox
- Exclusive: Chevron nears Schlumberger deal to drill wells in Brazil: sources
- Wiese resigns as Steinhoff chairman in wake of accounting scandal
- Teva Pharm to lay off a quarter of workforce, suspends dividend