SINGAPORE A push by Airbus SE and Boeing Co to capture more of the $77 billion global commercial aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) market is leading incumbents to seek partnerships and explore new business lines to stay competitive.
- Airlines, flight schools try to lure pilots with cheaper - or free - training
- Indian navy, air force fighter jet contests to heat up in 2019: executives
- U.S., Israeli drone makers keep wary eye on rising Chinese
- Maritime patrol aircraft seen as key in Asia, but buyers elusive
- Singapore 'seriously evaluating' future F-35 jet purchase - Lockheed exec
SINGAPORE PT Garuda Indonesia plans to work its fleet harder, increase oil hedging and add more international flights to help return to profit this year, the airline's chief executive said on Thursday.
SINGAPORE AirAsia looks set to confirm an order for Airbus wide-body jets, soothing nerves at the European planemaker after Boeing tried to swoop on its biggest Asian customer and extend a lead in the lucrative long-haul market.
SINGAPORE Once there were three on the flight deck.
SINGAPORE The new sales chief at Airbus has acknowledged some of the internal problems facing Europe's largest aerospace group and pledged to put it on a fully competitive footing by the summer.