- Jim Hines, first man to run 100m in under 10 seconds, dies aged 76Athletics
· June 5, 2023
American double Olympic champion Jim Hines, who became the first man to run the 100 metres in less than 10 seconds in 1968, has died at the age of 76, World Athletics said on Monday.
- AthleticsPerez shaves 29 seconds off 35 km race walk world record
Spain's Maria Perez broke the women's 35 km race walk world record by nearly half a minute at the European Race Walking Team Championships on Sunday, eclipsing the mark set by Peru's Kimberly Garcia just two months ago.
- SoccerMariners ready to bolt into A-League final
Times were once so bleak at Central Coast Mariners that they thought Olympic sprint champion Usain Bolt could add something to their roster but the A-League club are now 90 minutes away from reaching Australia's national championship final.
- AthleticsUltra runner Sorokin improves own 100km record
Lithuanian ultra marathon runner Aleksandr Sorokin bettered his own 100km world record by six seconds in the city of Vilnius in his home country, organisers said on Sunday.
- AthleticsCoach Reider resolves sexual misconduct case - attorney
American track and field coach Rana Reider has resolved his sexual misconduct case with the U.S. Center for SafeSport and will continue to coach after agreeing to a one-year probation, his legal team said on Wednesday.