HOUSTON Chesapeake Energy Corp said on Monday its production volumes will be restrained until refineries in Houston and the U.S. Gulf Coast come back online after Tropical Storm Harvey.
HOUSTON Chesapeake Energy Corp said on Friday it has suspended drilling and completion of new wells in the Eagle Ford shale for at least the weekend, and has also evacuated staff, as Hurricane Harvey makes landfall along the Texas coast.
Chesapeake Energy Corp , the second largest U.S. producer of natural gas, said on Monday that it would sell a part of its acreage in the Haynesville Shale area for $450 million to a private company, which Reuters sources revealed as Indigo Minerals LLC, a competing natural gas producer.
Double Eagle Energy Permian LLC is a unicorn roaming the barren landscape of West Texas.
Chesapeake Energy Corp said it received a subpoena from the U.S. Department of Justice seeking information on the accounting methodology for the acquisition and classification of oil and gas properties.
Chesapeake Energy Corp said on Tuesday that two directors, including a representative of activist investor Carl Icahn, resigned on Monday, a week after Icahn more than halved his stake in the natural gas producer.
OKLAHOMA CITY/NEW YORK The judge overseeing Aubrey McClendon's estate approved a land deal on Friday that will pay off one of the late energy magnate's major creditors, paving the way for the sale of his stake in professional basketball team the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Debt-laden Chesapeake Energy Corp , the No.2 U.S. natural gas producer, raised its asset sales target and production forecast for the year, keeping its capital budget unchanged.
Investors who sold oil and natural gas land leases to Chesapeake Energy Corp and now-bankrupt SandRidge Energy Corp sued Chesapeake and Tom Ward, SandRidge's former CEO, alleging that they conspired to depress the market for those leases.
- Bitcoin slips to around $16,300, futures volumes drop
- Trump's push to cut federal jobs has modest impact, mostly in defense
- Europe's Unibail bids $16 billion for Westfield to counter online threat |
- Boeing, bank stocks lift Dow, techs weigh on S&P, Nasdaq
- Oil hits two-year-and-a-half year high on pipeline shutdown, stocks take breather
- Comcast drops bid for Fox assets, leaving Disney in pole position
- PepsiCo makes biggest public pre-order of Tesla Semis: 100 trucks |
- Sanofi investors hungry for drug progress and deal news