(Reuters) -Kimmeridge, an activist investment firm that focuses on oil and gas exploration and production companies, told Reuters on Wednesday it has built a stake in Chesapeake Energy Corp and started talks with the management team on changes to boost its value.
Ascent Resources LLC, one of the largest privately held U.S. natural gas producers, is preparing an initial public offering (IPO) it hopes will give it a market valuation of around $6 billion, according to people familiar with the matter.
Shale oil and gas producer Chesapeake Energy Corp said on Wednesday its quarterly adjusted profit rose 14.5% in the fourth quarter from the third, helped by a surge in energy prices on record demand and supply concerns.
BOSTON (Reuters) -New York's state pension fund will sell $238 million worth of stock and debt it holds across 21 shale oil and gas companies including Chesapeake Energy Corp, Hess Corp and Pioneer Natural Resources, saying they have not shown they are ready to move to a low-emissions economy.
(Reuters) -Chesapeake Energy Corp said on Tuesday it will buy privately held oil and gas producer Chief E&D Holdings LP for about $2.5 billion expanding its position in the gas-rich shale plays of the U.S. northeast.
Chesapeake Energy Corp is in advanced talks to acquire privately owned natural gas producer Chief Oil & Gas for around $2.4 billion, including debt, people familiar with the matter said on Wednesday.
Continental Resources Inc on Tuesday named Doug Lawler, the former top boss of Chesapeake Energy Corp, as its chief operating officer and executive vice president from next month.
U.S. shale producer Chesapeake Energy Corp on Wednesday said it was increasing its 2021 total oil production forecast to between 24.5 million and 26.5 million barrels, a jump of 1 million barrels from earlier guidance.
(Reuters) -Shale oil producers Chesapeake Energy Corp and Devon Energy on Tuesday topped Wall Street earnings estimates, as energy demand recovered from pandemic slump and prices hit multi-year highs.
(Reuters) -Chesapeake Energy Corp agreed to buy Louisiana natural gas rival Vine Energy Inc for $615 million, betting on the shale field's proximity to the U.S. Gulf Coast export hub.
- Airline easyJet cancels more than 200 flights
- Cooling U.S. inflation builds case for September slowdown in Fed rate hikes |
- Fed carrying $330 billion in unrealized losses on its assets according to Q1 financial statement
- U.S. SEC looking into Musk's Twitter stake purchase |
- Wall Street rallies, snaps longest weekly losing streak in decades |
- Stock rally fanned by hopes of Fed 'past peak hawkishness'
- U.S. retailers' ballooning inventories set stage for deep discounts
- Exclusive-HSBC clients query bank on climate, one to review engagement – sources