NEW DELHI Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi never asked U.S. President Donald Trump to help mediate with Pakistan their dispute over the Kashmir region, the government said on Tuesday, after Trump's comments set off a storm of criticism.
WASHINGTON President Donald Trump voiced optimism on Monday that Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan could help broker a political settlement to end the nearly 18-year-old U.S. war in Afghanistan and held out the possibility of restoring aid to Islamabad. | Video
* Media report puts 25 bps Fed rate cut expectations back in play (Updates to late afternoon)
European shares ended flat on Monday as a summer lull hit trading volumes at the start of a pivotal week that will see the European Central Bank meet over monetary policy and a deluge of corporate earnings reports.
* Energy stocks rally on rising oil prices (Updates to close)
* U.S. trade negotiators likely to visit China next week -SCMP
* Media report puts 25 bps Fed rate cut expectations back in play (Updates to U.S. market open, changes dateline, byline)
* U.S. trade negotiators likely to visit China next week - SCMP
* US trade negotiators likely to visit China next week - SCMP
BEIJING Some Chinese companies are seeking new purchases of U.S. agricultural products, China's official Xinhua news agency said on Sunday, citing authorities, as Beijing and Washington look for ways to end a protracted trade war.