TAIPEI Taiwan on Thursday proposed a draft law to allow same-sex marriage in Asia's first such bill, but the legislation was criticized by rights activists and conservative groups amid a heated debate over marriage equality. | Video
WARSAW The lesbian parents of a Polish boy have been given the right to register him in Poland as their child, a high court has decided, in an unprecedented ruling for the deeply Catholic country where same-sex marriage is illegal.
TAIPEI Taiwan will hold a public vote on whether its civil law should recognize same-sex marriage, two election officials told Reuters on Tuesday, reviving a debate over a separate law for civil unions between gay couples.
HAVANA The draft of Cuba's new constitution opens the path to same-sex marriage, a government official said on Saturday, which would make the country that once persecuted homosexuals an unlikely leader in lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender rights.
The Wisconsin Supreme Court on Friday said Marquette University improperly suspended a conservative political science professor for publicly accusing a graduate student by name in a blog post of stifling classroom discussion against same-sex marriage.
PRAGUE The Czech government gave its backing on Friday to a bill which would make the country the first in formerly communist Europe to allow same-sex marriage.
From Thomson Reuters News & Insight
- Brief in same-sex marriage cases cite burdens on employers
- Analysis: Wider legal rights at stake in gay marriage cases
- Exclusive: Gay marriage foes suffer from fundraising shortfall
- Supreme Court taps Harvard professor to argue in gay marriage case
- Factbox: Major U.S. Supreme Court decisions on gay rights
Case documents (Westlaw subscription may be required)
- Hollingsworth v. Perry, petitioners brief
- Hollingsworth v. Perry, respondents brief
- U.S. v. Windsor, U.S. merits brief
- U.S. v. Windsor, Indiana, et al amicus brief
- U.S. v. Windsor, NY, MA, CA, et al amicus brief
- U.S. v. Windsor, Windsor brief
- U.S. v. Windsor, brief in support of DOMA
- Former federal intelligence officer amicus brief
- Center for Outserve-SLDN Inc. amicus brief
- Center for Constitutional Jurisprudence amicus brief
- NAACP amicus brief