BEIJING The Chinese government signaled on Wednesday that it would not follow Taiwan's example on same-sex marriage after the first legal unions in Asia were hailed by activists as a social revolution for the region.
BELFAST Northern Ireland's Democratic Unionist Party, which has consistently opposed the introduction of gay marriage in the British region, on Friday welcomed the election of its first openly gay candidate.
The Mormon church will allow the children of lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender parents to be baptized, but will not sanction same-sex marriage, its leadership said on Thursday.
The United Methodist Church voted on Tuesday to uphold and strengthen its ban on same-sex marriage and LGBT clergy in a move likely to alienate large numbers of followers who had pushed for reform. | Video
TAIPEI Taiwan on Thursday proposed a draft law to allow same-sex marriage in Asia's first such bill, but the legislation was criticized by rights activists and conservative groups amid a heated debate over marriage equality. | Video
TAIPEI Taiwan's government said on Wednesday that it would propose a draft law to allow same-sex marriage in Asia's first such bill amid a heated debate over marriage equality that has divided the self-ruled island.
From Thomson Reuters News & Insight
- Brief in same-sex marriage cases cite burdens on employers
- Analysis: Wider legal rights at stake in gay marriage cases
- Exclusive: Gay marriage foes suffer from fundraising shortfall
- Supreme Court taps Harvard professor to argue in gay marriage case
- Factbox: Major U.S. Supreme Court decisions on gay rights
Case documents (Westlaw subscription may be required)
- Hollingsworth v. Perry, petitioners brief
- Hollingsworth v. Perry, respondents brief
- U.S. v. Windsor, U.S. merits brief
- U.S. v. Windsor, Indiana, et al amicus brief
- U.S. v. Windsor, NY, MA, CA, et al amicus brief
- U.S. v. Windsor, Windsor brief
- U.S. v. Windsor, brief in support of DOMA
- Former federal intelligence officer amicus brief
- Center for Outserve-SLDN Inc. amicus brief
- Center for Constitutional Jurisprudence amicus brief
- NAACP amicus brief