SAN FRANCISCO Facebook Inc faced new calls for regulation from within U.S. Congress and was hit with questions about personal data safeguards on Saturday after reports a political consultant gained inappropriate access to 50 million users' data starting in 2014.
- Trump consultants harvested data from 50 million Facebook users: reports |
- Massachusetts says to probe Facebook, Cambridge Analytica
- French food retailer Leclerc takes on rivals to crack Paris
- Former Qualcomm chairman Jacobs to exit board of directors
- Coca-Cola, U.S. State Dept to use blockchain to combat forced labor
WASHINGTON A science advocacy group urged the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission on Friday to reject a longstanding industry request to limit cyber attack protections at nuclear plants, a day after the Trump administration publicly blamed Moscow for hacking into nuclear power and other energy infrastructure.
PARIS Some 110 countries have agreed to work towards forming an international consensus by 2020 on how to tax digital businesses across borders, the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development said on Friday.
ISTANBUL Istanbul's taxi drivers have taken Uber to court, accusing the U.S.-based ride-hailing app of endangering their livelihoods in a case that could crimp its business in Europe's largest city.
JPMorgan Chase & Co has made a strategic investment in Mosaic Smart Data, a company that has developed technology to help banks make their fixed-income sales and trading businesses more profitable.