WASHINGTON President Donald Trump is expected to announce his final plans to expedite permitting for major infrastructure like oil pipelines and road expansions in Atlanta on Wednesday, a move that environmentalists say will bypass public input.
(This July 14 story, corrects headline, first paragraph to say guests booked 1 million nights)
DUBLIN Irish residential property price inflation eased to 0.3% year on year in May, continuing a gradual slowdown over the last year, data that captured the end of the country's full COVID-19 lockdown showed on Wednesday.
NAIROBI Rhinos, lions, buffalo and leopards range against the background of a city skyline in the Nairobi National Park, Africa's only game reserve within a capital city.
Property data and analytics company CoreLogic Inc on Tuesday again rejected an unsolicited $7 billion buyout offer as inadequate after meeting with the two investment firms that made the bid, Senator Investment Group LP and Cannae Holdings Inc.
WASHINGTON NASA administrator Jim Bridenstine said Tuesday he still expected support from Russia's space corporation in its Artemis moon program despite Moscow's space chief slamming the U.S.-led lunar effort.
The board of Cornerstone Capital Resources Inc on Tuesday rejected BHP-backed SolGold Plc's takeover offer for the second time, saying it undervalued the Canadian copper and gold miner.
BARCELONA Spain's populous Catalonia region made a fresh attempt on Tuesday to put an area of 160,000 people under lockdown to stem the latest local coronavirus surge in one of Europe's worst-affected nations, which had thought the crisis was ending.
Citigroup Inc on Tuesday posted a 73% plunge in quarterly profit, as the bank set aside nearly $8 billion to brace itself for a potential surge in loan defaults stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic.
KYIV Ukraine's parliament passed a bill on Tuesday ending a decade-long ban on gambling in a move aimed at boosting budget revenues by almost $150 million a year.
Business News Headlines
- Blow for EU as Apple wins fight against $15 billion tax order
- Trump on UK's Huawei ban: 'I did this myself' |
- Stock futures gain as vaccine hopes offset U.S.-China tensions
- Special Report: Drug cartel ‘narco-antennas’ make life dangerous for Mexico’s cell tower repairmen
- U.S. Paycheck Protection hit some of its mark, but missed the most vulnerable
- Goldman Sachs profit rises on trading, underwriting boost
- Google buys 7.7% of Reliance's digital unit for $4.5 billion
- Early data from Moderna's coronavirus vaccine sparks Wall Street hopes
- 'Hands free': Automakers race to next level of not quite self-driving cars
- Delta Air to take up to $3 billion charge on voluntary retirement plans