NEW YORK Luke Thomas, 44, an information technology field manager who lives in Miami, began investing in the U.S. stock market in his early 20s, attracted by the prospect of learning “how to grow a little bit of money into a lot,” he said. | Video
SAN FRANCISCO Outsized returns delivered by Amazon.com , Netflix and other heavyweight technology stocks have made them heroes on Wall Street, but some strategists warn that investors' reliance on them exacerbates the risk of a steep downturn.
Ten years after JPMorgan bought failing investment bank Bear Stearns, one of the first big harbingers of the financial crisis, investor views on U.S. banks are significantly brighter, although the sector may have already put its biggest gains behind it. | Video
Commercial real estate company Brookfield Property Partners LP has submitted a new offer to take over GGP Inc , one of the largest owners and operators of U.S. shopping centers, people familiar with the matter said on Friday.
WASHINGTON U.S. industrial production surged in February, boosted by strong increases in output at factories and mines, but the economic outlook for the first quarter was dimmed by a larger-than-expected plunge in homebuilding last month.
LONDON, Britain's reliance on the "kindness of strangers" to finance its large current account deficit appears to be increasing, the Bank of England said on Friday.
SINGAPORE Singaporean engineer Andy Goh has stopped saying hello to some neighbors in his condominium.
NEW YORK Shuttered Toys 'R' Us stores can likely be filled by discounters and fitness centers, analysts said on Thursday, but shares in real estate investment trusts that lease to the chain fell as its troubles reflected broader worries plaguing the sector.
BOGOTA (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Dozens of families living in El Salvador's slums hope to swap their makeshift wooden shacks for concrete 3D-printed houses next year, in what developers say is the first project of its kind in the world.
OTTAWA Canadian household debt as a share of income remained near a record high in the fourth quarter, even as interest rates began to rise last year, while home sales fell in February as tighter mortgage rules hit demand.
Business News Headlines
- Disputes with temporary workers add to GM Korea's challenges
- Shares in the red as nervous markets await Fed
- CACI seeks to break up General Dynamics' acquisition of CSRA
- Hyundai Motor shares tumble following U.S. probe of air bag failures
- Baidu video streaming unit iQiyi launches $2.4 billion U.S. IPO
- Top executive resigns from Cohen's Point72 after lawsuit, fundraising
- 'Exhausted' Toys 'R' Us suppliers weigh options as huge retailer shuts |
- New German finance ministry pushes free trade at G20 meeting
- Take Five: World markets themes for the week ahead