DAKAR China's President Xi Jinping arrived in Senegal on Saturday for a two-day visit to sign bilateral deals, the first leg of an Africa tour at time when the continent is awash with cheap Chinese loans in exchange for minerals and construction contracts.
LONDON London-listed serviced office provider IWG has given three of its four suitors more time to make firm offers or walk away from bids for the company, the firm said on Saturday.
TOKYO Japanese firms are likely to pursue stakes in the country's first casino resorts, after parliament on Friday enacted a law smoothing the way for large-scale gambling - a business expected to generate billions of dollars in revenue. | Video
NEW YORK The amount of office leasing by "coworking" firms in Manhattan is nearing 10 percent of all new leases, a sign of growing demand for short-term contracts by companies seeking workspace but a warning for a potential mismatch in assets and liabilities.
LONDON Royal Bank of Scotland said a scheme to compensate small firms hurt by its restructuring unit will close to new complaints after it paid out just 10 million pounds ($13 million) so far for direct losses.
LONDON Australia and Britain are ready to agree a free trade deal as soon as circumstances allow, Australian minister for foreign affairs Julie Bishop said on Friday.
DUBLIN Irish house prices grew 12.4 percent in the year to May, down from 13.5 percent in the year to April as Central Bank rules limit leverage levels.
Lloyd's of London insurer Beazley Plc's first-half profit slumped as its bond portfolio took a hit from higher U.S. interest rates, while the company also warned a "hard" Brexit could prove very expensive for Britain's insurance sector.
DUBAI In Dubai's posh Jumeirah Beach Residence district, luxury apartment rents are down about 15 percent from a year ago - a sign, some fear, that the wealthy emirate's recipe for economic success is getting stale.
BEIJING Shanghai rebar futures recovered from early falls on Friday, extending gains into a third session and marking their biggest weekly jump in seven on concerns about lean supply.
Business News Headlines
- Wall Street braces for tariff fallout as S&P 500 companies report
- Fiat Chrysler names Jeep boss to replace stricken CEO Marchionne |
- U.S. tariffs to cost Germans up to 20 billion euros this year: report
- Amazon, Toyota, Alcoa and others working to counter Trump's tariff plans |
- Trump threatens tariffs on all $500 billion of Chinese imports |
- Airbus CEO says eyes merger of its, BAE's jet fighter units: Sunday Times
- GE beats on EPS but trims cash flow target; shares fall |
- U.S. lawmakers cut anti-ZTE measure from defense bill
- Ferrari picks Louis Camilleri as CEO, Elkann as chairman
- Microsoft shares at all-time high after bumper results |