LONDON (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Homeownership among young adults in Britain has plunged over the last two decades as property prices have climbed dramatically faster than incomes, researchers said on Friday.
Cedar Realty Trust Inc said on Friday it had reached a settlement agreement with Snow Park Capital Partners LP, bringing an end to the activist hedge fund's campaign against the retail-focused real estate investment trust (REIT).
WASHINGTON U.S. homebuilding rose to more than a one-year high in January, boosted by strong increases in the construction of both single- and multi-family housing units, and further gains are likely with building permits surging to their highest level since 2007.
LONDON Global stocks seem to have finally stopped worrying about their bond market cousins.
WASHINGTON, Feb 16 U.S. homebuilding increased to more than a one-year high in January, boosted by a rebound in the construction of single-family housing units, and further gains are likely as building permits soared to their highest level since 2007.
MEXICO CITY When a Mexican real estate investment trust bought four hotels along the country's Gulf coast operating under the Marriott, Quality Inn and Fiesta Inn brands, it expected the government's recent energy reform to attract droves of oil executives, engineers and technicians.
NEW YORK U.S. mortgage application activity fell to its lowest in five weeks as interest rates on 30-year fixed-rate home loans jumped to their highest in four years, the Mortgage Bankers Association said on Wednesday.
LONDON British workers are in line for their biggest pay rises since 2008 this year as a higher minimum wage kicks in, according to a Bank of England survey that is likely to fuel concerns among its policymakers' over inflationary pressures.
MADRID Dalian Wanda Group has sold a 17 percent stake in Atletico Madrid, the Spanish soccer club said on Wednesday, the latest step in the Chinese conglomerate's strategy to reduce debt.
NEW YORK One of New York's largest property owners said on Tuesday it would sell its minority stake in a Manhattan office tower on Fifth Avenue controlled by the family of President Donald Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner.
Business News Headlines
- Proxy advisory firm ISS says Qualcomm should negotiate sale to Broadcom
- Judge approves Takata's U.S. bankruptcy plan
- Stock volatility: back with a bang and here to stay
- Tesla delays, tax credit concerns spur sales of Chevy Bolts |
- Exclusive: GE exploring industrial gas engine business sale - sources
- U.S. seeks to block AT&T from citing Trump opposition in merger lawsuit
- GE faces shareholder lawsuit over insurance shortfall, SEC probe
- Exclusive: Indian banks may take more than $3 billion hit from PNB fraud - tax department
- Backstory: Warren Buffett's Valentine's Day surprise for investors
- ADM, Syngenta settle lawsuit over biotech corn exports to China