JERUSALEM Israel's Oil Refineries (ORL) said on Sunday it swung to a profit in the first quarter citing the country's gradual recovery from the coronavirus pandemic, which had hit refining margins.
BEIJING China is expected to release the results of its once-in-a-decade census conducted late last year on May 11, according to a notice from the State Council Information Office.
The Biden administration is examining ways to ensure that a waiver of COVID-19 vaccine patents to aid poor countries will not hand sensitive U.S. biopharmaceutical technology to China and Russia, responding to a chorus of concerns, U.S. and industry officials say.
CALGARY, Alberta (Reuters) -TC Energy Corp swung to a loss in the first quarter, hit by C$2.2 billion ($1.81 billion) impairment charges related to the suspension of its Keystone XL project, the Canadian pipeline operator said on Friday.
BEIJING Chinese ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing, which is backed by SoftBank, Alibaba and Tencent, said on Friday that 3.1% of passenger fees for rides will go towards its profit last year.
(Corrects dateline to May 4 and day in paragraph 2 to Tuesday) | Video
FRANKFURT (Reuters) -Commerzbank Chief Executive Manfred Knof has struck a deal with employees over a job reduction plan, paving the way for the German bank to cut 10,000 jobs globally.
U.S. health insurer Cigna Corp on Friday raised its full-year profit and revenue targets after first-quarter profit topped estimates, as it bet on its health services unit that includes its pharmacy benefits management business, to drive growth.
(Reuters) -Private equity firm Blackstone Group has made a 1.21 billion pound ($1.68 billion) buyout proposal for St. Modwen Properties, the companies said on Friday, sending shares in the British real estate developer soaring.
Booming stocks, internet-driven "meme" investments and the black box of hedge fund financing pose increasing risks as the U.S. economy emerges from the coronavirus pandemic and investor appetite soars, the Federal Reserve warned on Thursday in its latest report on financial stability.
Business News Headlines
- Dogecoin tumbles after Elon Musk calls it a 'hustle' on 'SNL' show
- Ford recalls nearly 617,000 U.S. Explorer SUVs
- Israel and South Korea to sign free trade pact
- Myanmar's junta approves $2.8 billion investment, including gas power plant
- Analysis: Fund managers see value, cyclical stocks running further despite slow U.S. jobs recovery
- U.S. hiring takes big step back as businesses scramble for workers, raw materials |
- U.S. Justice Department probing Kabbage, fintechs over PPP loan calculations -sources
- Analysis: Cryptocurrency ethereum is flourishing but risks linger
- Auto sector urges U.S. Congress to help fund its computer chip needs
- Amazon, union tussle over identifying witnesses as U.S. labor board starts hearing