Reuters - Video

Edition: US | UK | IN | CN | JP

video Entertainment

Theaters pull "The Interview," Collins confirms sexual abuse

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 01:24

The day's top showbiz news and headlines including a major theater chain pulls ''The Interview'' showings, Stephen Collins confirms sexual abuse claims, and Madonna thanks fans for avoiding leaked music. Bob Mezan reports.

▲ Hide Transcript

View Transcript

The wake of the Sony Pictures hack is still strong. The company has been sued by two former employees who accuse the movie studio of failing to protect Social Security numbers, healthcare records, salaries and other data from computer hackers who attacked it last month. In addition, Sony has decided to cancel the New York premiere of "The Interview" and multiple movie theater chains have declined to show the film, after threats against individual theaters - as well as moviegoers - were made by the hackers. "The Interview" is supposed to be released on December 25. Stephen Collins has broken his silence and has admitted to having inappropriate sexual contact with three underage girls decades ago - this according to People magazine who published a statement from the actor. In the statement, Collins said there were three victims from 1973 to 1994, and that he has not had an impulse "to act out in any such way in the last 20 years." Among other things, Collins was dropped from the upcoming Universal Pictures comedy "Ted 2." Finally, Madonna took to Instagram to thank people for not listening to her music. Parts of her upcoming album were leaked online this week, but Madonna said they were unfinished demos. She told fans, "Thank you for not listening! Thank you for your loyalty."

Press CTRL+C (Windows), CMD+C (Mac), or long-press the URL below on your mobile device to copy the code

Theaters pull "The Interview," Collins confirms sexual abuse

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 01:24