Reuters - Video

Edition: US | UK | IN | CN | JP

video Entertainment

Two new accusers detail alleged assaults by Bill Cosby

Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 01:56

Two women, who do not want to give their full names, accuse comedian Bill Cosby of sexual assault that occurred in the 1970's. Rough Cut (no reporter narration).

▲ Hide Transcript

View Transcript

ROUGH CUT (NO REPORTER NARRATION) STORY: Two new women came forward on Thursday (August 20) with fresh allegations of sexual assault by comedian Bill Cosby, just one week after three other women provided detailed allegations of abuse they said the veteran television star subjected them to decades ago. The two women were speaking at a press conference hosted by celebrity attorney Gloria Allred, who represents nearly two dozen of the now roughly 45 women who have come forward in the past year accusing Cosby of drugging and sexually assaulting them. The woman were introduced as "Elizabeth" and "Charlotte" to reporters by Allred, who said "Elizabeth" did not want to use her real name at this time. Each woman detailed a single case of abuse they said occurred during the 1970's after lunching or dining with Cosby and becoming queazy or sick. "Elizabeth" said she was in a "trance like" state after dining with Cosby at a Los Angeles restaurant and that she next found herself in a hotel room with him, where he allegedly forced her to perform a sexual act. "I've lived with this shame and this guilt of thinking it was somehow my fault but it wasn't. Because if I hadn't been drugged, I would never have ended up in a hotel room with him - ever - and he knew that," she said tearfully. "Charlotte" described finding herself dazed and undressed after lunching with Cosby at the Playboy Mansion in Los Angeles. She said she later found herself undressed on a bed and that Cosby was performing sex acts with her. Representatives for Cosby did not respond for comment on Wednesday (August 12) after the previous three women came forward with their allegations and Cosby has never been charged. Los Angeles police are currently conducting a criminal investigation into a complaint brought against Cosby, who has canceled TV projects and live shows due to the momentum of allegations. Last month, Cosby lost a bid to fend off a lawsuit that accused him of sexually abusing a 15-year-old girl at the Playboy Mansion in Los Angeles in 1974. He will answer questions under oath at a deposition on Oct. 9.

Press CTRL+C (Windows), CMD+C (Mac), or long-press the URL below on your mobile device to copy the code

Two new accusers detail alleged assaults by Bill Cosby

Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 01:56