Reuters - Video

Edition: US | UK | IN | CN | JP

video Rough Cuts

Top U.S. general says no sign soldiers in Niger took too many risks

Monday, October 23, 2017 - 00:55

The top U.S. general said on Monday he had no information that Army special operation forces involved in a deadly attack in Niger earlier this month had taken too many risks. Rough Cut (no reporter narration).

▲ Hide Transcript

View Transcript

ROUGH CUT (NO REPORTER NARRATION) The top U.S. general said on Monday he had no information that Army special operation forces involved in a deadly attack in Niger earlier this month had taken too many risks. "I don't have any indication right now to believe or to know that they did anything other than operate within the orders they were given," General Joseph Dunford, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told a news conference. Dunford said that findings of a Pentagon investigation into the deaths of four U.S. soldiers in an ambush in the West African nation would be shared with their families first.

Press CTRL+C (Windows), CMD+C (Mac), or long-press the URL below on your mobile device to copy the code

Top U.S. general says no sign soldiers in Niger took too many risks

Monday, October 23, 2017 - 00:55