- Hezbollah chief has no immediate comment on Rushdie stabbing, article with imageWorld ·
August 19, 2022 · 4:30 PM UTC· undefined ago
The head of Lebanon's pro-Iran group Hezbollah said on Friday he had no immediate comment on the stabbing attack against Indian-born author Salman Rushdie in the United States because the group was still gathering information.
- AmericasIndigenous woman nominated to Canada's Supreme Court in 'historic moment'
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Friday nominated an Indigenous person to join Canada's Supreme Court, a first for the country's highest court.
- WorldLatest U.S. aid package to Ukraine includes surveillance drones -official
President Joe Biden's latest security assistance package for Ukraine includes surveillance drones and for the first time mine-resistant vehicles, a senior U.S. defense official said on Friday.
- EuropeRussia writes to U.N. Security Council over 'provocation' at Ukraine nuclear plant -TASS
Russia has submitted a letter to the United Nations Security Council warning of planned "provocations" by Ukraine at the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant in southern Ukraine, TASS reported on Friday citing a diplomat.
- EuropeSwedish police evacuate Malmo shopping centre after shots fired
Swedish police said on Friday they had cordoned off part of a shopping centre in the city of Malmo after a shooting incident.