- Half of Russia's Black Sea fleet's combat jets out of operation - Western officialEurope
· undefined ago
Blasts at the Saky air base in the annexed Crimean peninsula earlier this month have put more than half of the Russian Black Sea fleet's naval aviation combat jets out of use, a Western official said on Friday.
- WorldAmerican appeals money laundering conviction in UAE, lawyer says
U.S. citizen and civil rights attorney Asim Ghafoor has appealed to a United Arab Emirates court his conviction for money laundering, his lawyer said on Friday, a week after he was released from detention there and returned to the United States.
- EuropeFormer Russian mayor appointed head of Russian-occupied Kharkiv -TASS citing local administration
A former mayor of a Russian city has been appointed to head a new Russian-installed government in northeastern Ukraine, the latest in a string of such appointments which Kyiv says are part of attempts to annexe its territory.
- Middle EastAt least nine killed in shelling on north Syria market, rescuers say
Nine people were killed including at least five children in a rocket attack on a market in the northern Syrian city of Al-Bab on Friday, according to emergency responders working in rebel-held areas.
- Middle EastIsraeli forces kill Palestinian man in West Bank -health officials
A Palestinian man died of his wounds on Friday after Israeli forces shot him, the Palestinian Health Ministry said, during what Israel's military said was an early morning raid against suspected militants in the occupied West Bank.