- Putin says West has not addressed key concerns in Ukraine standoffEurope · January 28, 2022 · 5:34 PM UTC
Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Friday the United States and NATO had not addressed Moscow's main security demands in their standoff over Ukraine but that it was ready to keep talking.
- AfricaTunisia thwarts alleged terrorist attack targeting tourist areas
Tunisian police thwarted an attack planned by a woman coming from Syria, where she received training "with terrorist groups," targeting tourist areas in the country, the interior ministry said on Friday.
- EuropeGermany expelled Russian diplomat over space tech spying -Spiegel
Germany last year expelled a spy who was working under diplomatic cover at Russia's consulate in Munich, Der Spiegel newsmagazine reported on Friday.
- United Kingdom'Bloody Sunday' still scars Northern Ireland 50 years on
- AfricaRising sexual abuse allegations at WHO show reforms are working, chief says
The head of the World Health Organization said on Friday that there has been an increase in allegations of sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment (SEAH) within the agency, a sign that its reform strategy is working.