- Salman Rushdie still hospitalized as attack suspect pleads not guilty, article with videoUnited States ·
August 14, 2022 · 6:10 AM UTC
Hadi Matar, 24, is being held without bond. The stabbing was condemned by writers and politicians around the world.
- WorldMoscow warns of end to Russia-U.S. relations if assets seized, TASS reports
Any possible seizure of Russian assets by the United States will completely destroy Moscow's bilateral relations with Washington, TASS quoted the head of the North American Department at the Russian foreign ministry as saying on Saturday.
- WorldMan arrested following gunshots at Canberra airport
Australian capital Canberra's airport was evacuated and a man arrested after gunshots were heard in the main terminal building, police said on Sunday.
- Asia PacificSri Lanka says China survey ship can dock in its port
India has provided more help to Sri Lanka this year than any other nation. But it fears China will use the Hambantota port near the main Asia-Europe shipping route as a military base.
- Middle EastSeven hurt in gun attack on Jewish worshippers' bus in Jerusalem
A gunman wounded seven people aboard a bus carrying Jewish worshippers in the Old City of Jerusalem on Sunday, Israeli police and witnesses said.
- Asia PacificThousands revive Sydney's famous road race after COVID hiatus
More than 60,000 people thronged Sydney's streets on Sunday for an annual road running event and mass party that returned for the first time since the COVID-19 pandemic began.