- Nord Stream sabotage probe turns to clues inside Poland- WSJEurope ·
June 10, 2023 · 5:43 AM UTC
German investigators are examining evidence suggesting a sabotage team used Poland as an operating base to damage the Nord Stream pipelines in the Baltic Sea in September, the Wall Street Journal reported on Saturday.
- EuropeBritain sees mixed progress in recent Ukraine-Russia fighting
Britain's government on Saturday described mixed progress for Ukrainian and Russian forces fighting in southern and eastern Ukraine over the past 48 hours.
- EuropeTwo migrants forced to swim to shore drown, Spanish authorities say
Two migrants drowned and one was in a serious condition after they were ordered to swim to the shore by people piloting the boats, Spanish authorities said on Friday.
- EuropeHungary receives Ukrainian POWs from Russia, Ukraine says not informed
Hungary said on Friday it had received a group of Ukrainian prisoners of war from Russia, a release that Ukraine welcomed while expressing concern that it had not been informed.
- EuropeRussia accuses ex-defence industry worker of spying for Germany
Russia has detained a former defence industry worker on suspicion of spying for Germany and charged him with high treason, Moscow's FSB security service said on Friday.
- EuropeWestern Balkans states discuss how to improve migration governance
Security and migration officials from six Western Balkans countries, all of which aspire to join the European Union, on Thursday pledged to work together with the EU and United Nations agencies to improve sustainable migration governance.