- The pound, gilts and renewables: the winners and losers under Britain's future PM, article with imageUnited Kingdom ·
August 8, 2022 · 9:31 AM UTC
The race to be the next leader of Britain's ruling-Conservative Party and the country's prime minister is into its final leg, with the September outcome likely to shape the fortunes of sterling, gilts and UK stocks in coming months.
- MarketsPageGroup signals slower hiring in some markets, shares fall
PageGroup noted a "slight slowing in time to hire" in July across some of its markets as economies deal with high inflation and risks of a slowdown, although the global recruitment firm said on Monday its annual profit would be in line with market expectations.
- MarketsUK's Joules in talks for potential investment from Next
British fashion group Joules Group said on Monday it was in talks regarding a potential equity investment of about 15 million pounds ($18.11 million) from retailer Next Plc .
- United KingdomShareholders vote to oust chair of Trian UK investment firm
Shareholders of UK investment trust Trian Investors 1 Ltd (TI1) have voted to remove Chris Sherwell as the firm's chair after criticism from activist investors over various governance issues.
- United KingdomUK brain-damaged boy at centre of hospital legal battle dies
A 12-year-old British boy with brain damage at the centre of a legal battle over whether to continue his life support system died on Saturday after a hospital ended treatment, his family said.