- Autos & TransportationAfter flying start, Stellantis must tackle Tesla and China
If playing catch up with Tesla is what everyone in the auto industry is about then Stellantis, the company formed from the merger of Fiat Chrysler and Peugeot, has had a good start – its shares have far outpaced its U.S. rival in its inaugural year.
- EnergyOil prices hit 7-year highs as tight supply bites
Benchmark oil prices climbed to their highest level since 2014 on Tuesday as possible supply disruption after attacks in the Mideast Gulf added to an already tight supply outlook.
- MarketsMorning Bid: Tech trouble
Nasdaq futures are down almost 1% on Tuesday, making it likely the tech-heavy index will add to its year-to-date losses of around 4.5%.
- EuropeAnalysis: Best supporting actor? NATO in secondary role if Russia invades Ukraine
NATO would be likely to reinforce its troop presence in the Black Sea and the Baltics while fending off cyberattacks if Russia were to invade Ukraine, diplomats and former officials said.
- BreakingviewsDemographic flatline will test China’s generosity
- European MarketsAnalysis: With Omicron, global economy spots chance to push past COVID
- Middle EastIsrael sticks with 4th vaccine shot, sees Omicron wave waning in a week
- Healthcare & PharmaceuticalsChina urges caution opening overseas mail after Omicron case
- ChinaHong Kong to cull hamsters after COVID-19 found in pet shop
- ChinaTianjin reports fewer COVID-19 cases; curbs affect some Boeing employees
- EuropePoland has entered a fifth wave of COVID, says minister
- EuropeCzech Republic sees biggest daily jump in COVID cases since Dec 1