- WorldU.N. chief demands international access to Ukraine nuclear plant after new attack, article with gallery
UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres called on Monday for international inspectors to be given access to the Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant after Ukraine and Russia traded accusations over the shelling of Europe's largest atomic plant at the weekend.
- WorldU.S. Senate approves bill to fight climate change, cut drug costs in win for Biden
Democrats hope its passage, ahead of an August recess, will help the party's House and Senate candidates in the November midterm elections at a time when President Biden is suffering from anemic public approval ratings amid high inflation.
- WorldIsrael and Palestinian militants declare Gaza truce, article with video
The truce raises hopes of an end to the most serious flare-up on the Gaza frontier in more than a year.
- DisruptedBaidu bags China's first fully driverless robotaxi licenses
China search engine giant Baidu Inc said on Monday it has obtained permits to operate fully driverless robotaxi services on open roads from two Chinese cities, the first of their kind in the country.
A year after a wildfire destroyed Lytton, residents grapple with difficult choices
- Analysis: With Taiwan drills, Xi tries to salvage Pelosi crisis, article with imageWorld ·
August 8, 2022 · 1:20 AM UTC
Chinese President Xi Jinping may not have been able to stop Nancy Pelosi's visit to Taiwan, but he ordered his country's military to rehearse a much more aggressive step: a blockade crucial to taking the island by force, security experts say.