Russia on Friday sent its strongest signal so far that it is willing to engage with U.S. security proposals and reiterated that it does not want war over Ukraine.
- Macro MattersHigh inflation to stick this year, denting global growth: Reuters poll
Persistently high inflation will haunt the world economy this year, according to a Reuters poll of economists who trimmed their growth outlook on worries of slowing demand and the risk of interest rates rising faster.
- MarketsMorning Bid: Transatlantic split
A look at the day ahead from Sujata Rao.
- United StatesNevada man charged with threatening state election worker
U.S. federal agents arrested a Nevada man for threatening a state election worker last year and telling her she was going to die for stealing the 2020 presidential election from Donald Trump.
- Healthcare & PharmaceuticalsMerck's COVID-19 pill active against Omicron in lab studies
- AmericasAnti-vaccine Canada truckers roll toward Ottawa, praised by Tesla's Musk
- WorldWHO examining allegations official abused staff, leaked vaccine data to Japan
- WorldAustralia suffers deadliest day of pandemic, expands booster eligibility
- EuropeParis hospitals chief sparks debate on whether unvaccinated patients should pay for treatment
- United StatesU.S. health agency has 'persistent deficiencies' in its crisis response -watchdog
- Future of HealthBoosters increase protection against death from Omicron in over-50s to 95% - UKHSA
Special ReportWho owns Scotland?
The millionaires buying up the Highlands