NATO said on Monday it was putting forces on standby and reinforcing eastern Europe with more ships and fighter jets, in what Russia denounced as Western "hysteria" in response to its build-up of troops on the Ukraine border.
- The Great Reboot'Off to Canada': India's jobs crisis exasperates its youth
Srijan Upadhyay supplied fried snacks to small eateries and roadside stalls in the poor eastern Indian state of Bihar before COVID-19 lockdowns forced most of his customers to close down, many without paying what they owed him.
- MarketsMorning Bid: Buy the dip? Or pray for Fed put?
A look at the day ahead from Sujata Rao.
- Sports'Where is Peng Shuai?' shirts welcome at Australian Open
Fans are free to wear "Where is Peng Shuai?" shirts at the Australian Open but they must not become "disruptive", Tennis Australia chief Craig Tiley said on Tuesday, amid criticism of the Grand Slam organisers' earlier stance on the issue.
- Asia PacificAustralia marks two years since first COVID case with another high death count
- Healthcare & PharmaceuticalsIsrael mulls offering 4th COVID vaccine dose to all adults
- Future of HealthOmicron survives longer on plastic, skin than prior variants; nose swabbing found best for rapid tests
- United StatesU.S. COVID peak may be over but not the pain as deaths rise
- Asia PacificFace time: 'Solemn' Hong Kong leader ditches mask to show how she feels about COVID
- United StatesNew York judge strikes down state mask mandate
- WorldDo not assume COVID pandemic reaching 'end game', warns WHO