Western countries sought to project unity over Ukraine on Thursday, after U.S. President Joe Biden suggested allies were split over how to react to any "minor incursion" from Russia, prompting Kyiv's leader to plead that there was no such thing.
- United KingdomUK government accused of 'blackmail' to keep scandal-plagued Johnson in power
A senior Conservative lawmaker accused the British government on Thursday of intimidating and attempting to "blackmail" those lawmakers they suspect of wanting to force Prime Minister Boris Johnson out of power.
- BusinessGrowth bargains, upbeat earnings take Wall Street higher
U.S. stock indexes rose on Thursday on strong earnings reports, while bargain hunting boosted mega-cap growth companies after the Nasdaq index plunged into correction territory in the previous session.
- Future of MoneyNYC Mayor Eric Adams to receive first paycheck in cryptocurrency via Coinbase
New York City Mayor Eric Adams on Thursday said his first paycheck, to arrive on Friday, will be automatically converted into cryptocurrency via Coinbase Global Inc .
- Healthcare & PharmaceuticalsAnalysis: How Omicron highlights fading hope of herd immunity from COVID
- Future of HealthDozens of firms to make cheap version of Merck COVID pill for poorer nations
- EuropeSputnik V shows higher Omicron-antibody levels than Pfizer in preliminary study
- United StatesU.S. to distribute 400 million free N95 masks at CVS, Walgreens in COVID fight
- The Great RebootBetting Omicron has peaked, PM Johnson drops COVID rules in England
- Healthcare & PharmaceuticalsNew Mexico asks National Guard to teach as COVID shuts schools