The week in bank CEO pay packages: Morgan Stanley CEO James Gorman gets a 6% raise to $35 million in total compensation, while JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon gets 9.5% for a total of $34.5 million … British pubs, restaurants and bakery chains are coming after some of the world’s biggest insurers in court … And the U.S. Fed has a white paper out on issuing its own digital currency
Russia will face severe economic sanctions if it installs a puppet regime in Ukraine, a senior UK minister said on Sunday after Britain accused the Kremlin of seeking to install a pro-Russian leader there.
- AfricaAs soldiers mutiny in Burkina Faso, government dismisses talk of coup
Sustained gunfire rang out from military camps in Burkina Faso on Sunday as mutinying soldiers demanded more support for their fight against Islamist militants and protesters ransacked the headquarters of President Roch Kabore's political party.
- The Great RebootHong Kong’s financial sector faces talent crunch as expats head for the exit
Late last year, Tania Sibree quit her well-paid job as a financial services lawyer in Hong Kong and returned to Australia rather than live a moment longer with the city's strict coronavirus restrictions.
- Retail & ConsumerKohl's under fresh pressure as Sycamore expresses interest after Acacia made bid
Sycamore would be the second bidder for Kohl's, highlighting interest in retailers and the trouble physical storefronts are facing during the pandemic.
- Healthcare & PharmaceuticalsRich countries' access to foreign nurses during Omicron raises ethical concerns -group
- Middle EastFourth COVID vaccine shot raises resistance to serious illness for over-60s: Israel
- Asia PacificOne surrendered Hong Kong hamster tests COVID positive as city lockdown grows
- EuropeItaly reports 138,860 COVID cases on Sunday, 227 deaths
- United KingdomBritain reports 74,799 COVID-19 cases, 75 deaths on Sunday
- ChinaBeijing introduces more COVID measures as cases mount before Olympics
- Asia PacificNew Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern cancels her wedding amid new Omicron restrictions