- WorldAnalysis: Action wanes at U.N. to isolate Russia almost six months into Ukraine war, article with image
On a June night under the chandeliers of Russia's United Nations mission in New York, dozens of U.N. ambassadors from Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and Asia attended a reception to mark the country's national day - less than four months after its forces invaded neighboring Ukraine.
- WorldTrump-backed challenger beats Republican Liz Cheney in U.S. midterm primary
U.S. Representative Liz Cheney, a fierce Republican critic of Donald Trump who has played a prominent role in the congressional probe of the Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol, lost to a Trump-backed primary challenger on Tuesday.
- MarketsMorning Bid: More doom and gloom looms for Europe, article with image
A look at the day ahead in European and global markets from Alun John
- WorldMultiple bomb, arson attacks rock Thailand's south
Explosions and fires ripped through at least 17 locations in southern Thailand on Wednesday, authorities said, in what appeared to be multiple coordinated attacks that injured seven people.
- Liz Cheney accuses Trump of 'insidious lie' about FBI search of his home, article with imageUnited States ·
August 17, 2022 · 5:10 AM UTC
Republican Liz Cheney broadened her attack on Donald Trump after losing her Tuesday night primary, saying the former president was spreading an "insidious lie" in alleging that the FBI agents who searched his Florida home were politically motivated.