- MarketsExclusive: U.S. rethinks steps on China tariffs in wake of Taiwan response, article with gallery
China's war games around Taiwan have led Biden administration officials to recalibrate their thinking on whether to scrap some tariffs or potentially impose others on Beijing, setting those options aside for now, according to sources familiar with the deliberations.
- WorldSouth Korea, China clash over U.S. missile shield, complicating conciliation
China and South Korea clashed on Thursday over a U.S. missile defence shield, threatening to undermine efforts by the new government in Seoul to overcome longstanding security differences.
- MarketsMorning Bid: Fed doesn't see enough swallows for summer, article with image
A look at the day ahead in markets from Alun John
- WorldUK prosecutor authorises terrorism charges against Islamic State suspect
British prosecutors have authorised terrorism charges against a man, 38-year-old Aine Davis, who has returned to Britain from Turkey where he had been held in prison.
- Trump declines to answer questions in N.Y. attorney general investigation, article with videoLegal ·
August 11, 2022 · 4:22 AM UTC
The former U.S. president said he declined to answer questions during an appearance before New York state's attorney general, citing his constitutional right against self-incrimination.
- IndiaMilitants attack Indian army post in Kashmir; 3 soldiers, 2 attackers die in shootout
Militants attacked an Indian army post in the disputed Kashmir region on Thursday, killing three soldiers, while two attackers died in the shootout that came amid heightened security ahead of India's independence day celebrations.