The giant Chinese cities of Guangzhou and Chongqing announced an easing of COVID curbs on Wednesday, a day after demonstrators in southern Guangzhou clashed with police amid a string of protests against the world's toughest coronavirus restrictions.
- WorldNATO seeks to shore up Russia's neighbours as Moscow attacks Ukraine on multiple fronts
Russia said its forces had edged forward in eastern Ukraine on Wednesday and Kyiv said Moscow was "planning something" in the south, while NATO sought to shore up other countries that fear destabilisation from Moscow.
- MarketsDow falls ahead of Powell speech; Tesla shares boost Nasdaq
The Dow and S&P 500 were down while Tesla shares were among top boosts to the Nasdaq.
- WorldRoyal aide steps down after racist comments -Buckingham Palace
A member of the British royal family's household has left her role after making "unacceptable and deeply regrettable" comments about race and nationality to a woman at a grand reception at Buckingham Palace, a spokesperson said on Wednesday.
- U.S. defeat Iran in World Cup match overshadowed by political tensionSoccer ·
November 30, 2022 · 12:56 AM UTC
The United States triumphed on the pitch over longtime political adversary Iran on Tuesday in a World Cup match overshadowed by protests raging in Iran and laced with decades of tension between the two countries.
- TechnologyU.S. Treasury Yellen: Twitter should be held to certain standards for content
U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen on Wednesday said social media company Twitter should be held to certain standards for content, arguing that it is "not that different" from radio stations and broadcasters subject to such rules.