- WorldAnalysis: Rejected by Wyoming Republicans, Cheney sets sights on stopping Trump, article with gallery
After being soundly rejected by Wyoming Republican voters, U.S. Representative Liz Cheney vowed to spend the next two years trying to stop Donald Trump from returning to the White House - possibly with her own anti-Trump presidential bid.
- WorldChina to send troops to Russia for 'Vostok' exercise
Chinese troops will travel to Russia to take part in joint military exercises led by the host and including India, Belarus, Mongolia, Tajikistan and other countries, China's defence ministry said on Wednesday.
- WorldIn New Mexico, Muslims reject sectarian label for killings, article with image
Muslims who knew the victims and suspected gunman point to revenge and personal feuds as possible motives.
- WorldHuge explosion hits Kabul mosque, many casualties feared
A huge explosion struck a mosque in Kabul during evening prayers on Wednesday, witnesses and police said, with many feared dead or injured.
- Missouri man charged for threatening election official in Arizona, article with imageUnited States ·
August 17, 2022 · 9:11 PM UTC· undefined ago
The U.S. Justice Department said on Wednesday it has charged a Missouri man for leaving threatening voicemails for an election official in Arizona, marking the sixth federal criminal case brought so far to combat the rising tide of threats against local election officials.
- Healthcare & PharmaceuticalsBluebird's $2.8 mln gene therapy becomes most expensive drug after U.S. approval
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Wednesday approved bluebird bio's gene therapy for patients with a rare disorder requiring regular blood transfusions, and the drugmaker priced it at a record $2.8 million.