Former U.S. President Donald Trump on Tuesday tried to turn the news that the FBI had searched his Florida estate to his benefit, citing the investigation in text messages and emails soliciting political donations from his supporters.
- WorldUkraine suggests partisans behind blasts at Russian airbase in Crimea
A senior Ukrainian official suggested a series of explosions at a Russian air base in Crimea could have been the work of partisan saboteurs, as Kyiv denied any responsibility for the incident deep inside Russian-occupied territory.
- WorldAbortion foe Jensen wins Republican governor's nod in Minnesota, article with gallery
Minnesota Republicans chose a physician who has said he will seek to ban most abortions.
- LegalEx-workers at Malaysia's Brightway sue Kimberly-Clark, Ansell over alleged labour abuse
Migrant workers at the Malaysian glove maker accused the two firms of "knowingly profiting" from the alleged use of forced labour at the supplier.
- Biden approval rises to 40%, highest in two months, Reuters/Ipsos shows, article with imageUnited States ·
August 9, 2022
U.S. President Joe Biden's public approval rose this week to its highest level since early June following a string of legislative victories, according to a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll completed on Tuesday.
- EnergyJSW Energy unit to buy $1.3 bln renewable assets from Mytrah Energy
India's JSW Energy said on Wednesday that its unit JSW Neo Energy has agreed to buy some renewable energy capacity from Mytrah Energy (India) for about 105.30 billion rupees ($1.32 billion).