- WorldUkraine calls on world to 'show strength' after shelling near nuclear plant, article with gallery
Ukraine called for new sanctions on Russia and warned about the consequences of catastrophe at Europe's biggest nuclear plant, where fresh shelling nearby has renewed a blame game between both sides.
- WorldKenya's Ruto declared president-elect in chaotic scenes
Kenya's elections chief declared Deputy President William Ruto the winner of a tight presidential race on Monday but some senior election officials disowned the result, fuelling fears of widespread violence like that seen after previous disputed polls.
- INSIGHTCaste in California: Tech giants confront ancient Indian hierarchy, article with gallery
America's tech giants are taking a modern-day crash course in India's ancient caste system.
- WorldIran says Rushdie and supporters to blame for attack
Iran's foreign ministry said on Monday that no one had the right to level accusations against Tehran over Friday's attack on Salman Rushdie, and only he and his supporters were worthy of reproach and condemnation for denigrating the world's Muslims.
- Taliban mark year in power that has given Afghanistan security but little hope, article with videoWorld ·
August 15, 2022 · 9:23 PM UTC
The Taliban and their supporters waved the group's black and white flag on the streets of Afghanistan on Monday to celebrate a year since they marched into the capital and took power after a stunning series of battlefield victories.