NATO said on Monday it was putting forces on standby and reinforcing eastern Europe with more ships and fighter jets, in what Russia denounced as Western "hysteria" in response to its build-up of troops on the Ukraine border.
- The Great Reboot'Off to Canada': India's jobs crisis exasperates its youth
Srijan Upadhyay supplied fried snacks to small eateries and roadside stalls in the poor eastern Indian state of Bihar before COVID-19 lockdowns forced most of his customers to close down, many without paying what they owed him.
- Sports'Where is Peng Shuai?' shirts welcome at Australian Open
Fans are free to wear "Where is Peng Shuai?" shirts at the Australian Open but they must not become "disruptive", Tennis Australia chief Craig Tiley said on Tuesday, amid criticism of the Grand Slam organisers' earlier stance on the issue.
- United KingdomUK PM Johnson under fresh pressure over lockdown birthday bash
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson was on Tuesday fighting fresh allegations that he broke the COVID lockdown rules he imposed by attending a surprise birthday party in Downing Street when social gatherings indoors were banned.
- United StatesU.S. COVID peak may be over but not the pain as deaths rise
- United StatesNew York judge strikes down state mask mandate
- Future of HealthOmicron survives longer on plastic, skin than prior variants; nose swabbing found best for rapid tests
- Asia PacificAustralia marks two years since first COVID case with another high death count
- WorldDo not assume COVID pandemic reaching 'end game', warns WHO
- Asia PacificHong Kong leader skips mask to highlight 'solemn' effort against COVID
- United StatesU.S. Supreme Court rejects House Republicans' challenge to pandemic-era voting rules