- United States'Our work's not done' Biden says at one-year mark
President Joe Biden acknowledged Americans' frustration as his first year in office came to an end on Wednesday, but said the United States was on track to meet considerable challenges from the coronavirus pandemic and inflation.
- EuropeBiden sees Russia moving on Ukraine, sows doubt on Western response
U.S. President Joe Biden predicted on Wednesday that Russia will make a move on Ukraine, saying Russia would pay dearly for a full-scale invasion but suggesting there could be a lower cost for a "minor incursion."
- BusinessWall Street sell-off deepens, Nasdaq confirms correction
Wall Street's main indexes ended sharply lower on Wednesday, with the tech-heavy Nasdaq confirming it was in a correction, after a diverse set of corporate earnings and as investors continued to worry about higher U.S. Treasury yields and the Federal Reserve tightening monetary policy.
- United StatesFlorida suspends health official who urged staff to get vaccinated
A top Florida public health official has been put on administrative leave as officials investigate whether he violated a state ban by emailing employees about their low vaccination rate against COVID-19 and urging them to get shots.
- Macro MattersWall Street banks eye 'new normal' for trading revenue after stellar two years
- FinanceMorgan Stanley outperforms rivals with profit beat
- Aerospace & DefenseUnited Airlines cuts capacity forecast, flags cost pressure on Omicron turmoil
- FinanceBank of America profit beats estimates on loan growth, M&A boost
- Retail & ConsumerP&G lifts sales forecast as price hikes, hygiene product demand continue
- Healthcare & PharmaceuticalsUnitedHealth says Omicron-driven cost impact cushioned by healthcare deferrals
- BusinessBarrick's Q4 gold output rises 10% powered by Nevada gold mines