- United KingdomUK PM Johnson faces growing pressure to resign
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson was fighting to shore up his premiership on Wednesday amid a revolt by his own lawmakers who are angry over a series of lockdown parties in Downing Street.
- Macro MattersUK inflation hits near 30-year high, pressuring BoE and households
Inflation in Britain rose faster than expected to a near 30-year high in December, intensifying a squeeze on living standards and putting pressure on the Bank of England to raise interest rates again.
- MarketsMorning Bid: Goldman Sachs adds another layer of stress
A look at the day ahead from Julien Ponthus.
- United StatesVoting rights brawl takes center-stage in U.S. Senate
The U.S. Senate as early as Wednesday could kick off a pair of votes on an election reform bill that is a top Democratic priority but faces dim prospects against a united front of Republican opposition.
- Macro MattersWall Street banks eye 'new normal' for trading revenue
- FinanceBank of America profit beats estimates on loan growth, M&A boost
- FinanceMorgan Stanley posts higher profit on M&A boom
- Retail & ConsumerP&G raises sales outlook on resurgent demand for cleaning products
- Healthcare & PharmaceuticalsUnitedHealth profit beats estimates on health insurance unit boost
- BusinessBarrick's Q4 gold output rises 10% sequentially
- Retail & ConsumerBurberry bullish on profit as outerwear and leather goods sales soar