FBI agents in this week's search of former U.S. President Donald Trump's Florida home removed 11 sets of classified documents including some marked as top secret, the Justice Department said on Friday, while also disclosing it had probable cause to conduct the search based on possible Espionage Act violations.
- WorldSalman Rushdie, novelist who drew death threats, on ventilator after New York stabbing
The author fell to the floor when an assailant attacked him, and was then surrounded by a small group of people who held up his legs, seemingly to send more blood to his upper body, as the attacker was restrained.
- WorldUkraine, Russia blame each other for nuclear plant shelling, article with video
Ukraine and Russia accused each other on Friday of risking catastrophe by shelling Europe's largest nuclear power plant, occupied by Russian forces in a region expected to become one of the next big front lines of the war.
- WorldAt least five people killed, 100 hurt in Somaliland protests
At least five people were killed and 100 injured in Somalia's breakaway Somaliland region when security forces clashed with protesters demanding presidential elections be held in November, a regional leader said late on Thursday.
- Analysis: U.S. Senate Democrats' bill will make mark on climate, healthcare costs, article with galleryEuropean Markets ·
August 12, 2022 · 10:28 PM UTC
The $430 billion climate change, healthcare and tax bill that passed the U.S. Congress on Friday aims to help reduce the carbon emissions that drive climate change and lower medical costs for older Americans.
- United StatesSouthern Baptists say they face U.S. federal probe after sex abuse claims
The Southern Baptist Convention, the largest U.S. Protestant denomination, said on Friday that several of its entities were being investigated by the Justice Department, after a report found the church had mishandled sex abuse claims and mistreated victims.