- WorldStrikes at Ukraine nuclear plant prompt UN chief to call for demilitarised zone, article with video
Russia and Ukraine accused each other of shelling Europe's biggest nuclear power plant as the U.N. chief proposed a demilitarised zone at the site amid fears of a catastrophe.
- WorldFBI sought nuclear documents in search of Trump's home -Washington Post
U.S. federal agents were looking for documents relating to nuclear weapons when they raided former President Donald Trump's home in Florida this week, the Washington Post reported on Thursday.
- WorldOne year on, Afghan family still divided after daughter fled, mother stayed, article with gallery
Massouda Kohistani fought her way on to a foreign military flight to escape the Taliban. Her mother didn't make it out of Kabul.
- WorldU.S. CDC no longer recommends students quarantine for COVID-19 exposure
The CDC will no longer recommend quarantines or test-to-stay programs at schools or daycare centers for people exposed to COVID-19, the agency said in updated guidelines on Thursday.
- Ex-cop sentenced to more than 7 years in prison for role in storming U.S. Capitol, article with imageLegal ·
August 12, 2022 · 2:22 AM UTC
A former Virginia police sergeant who joined Donald Trump's supporters in storming the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, was sentenced to seven years and three months in prison on Thursday, a Justice Department spokesperson said.