- WorldAir raid sirens blare in Ukraine as NATO meets to promise aid
Air raid sirens wailed across Ukraine on Tuesday for the first time this week, as the United States and NATO allies unveiled new pledges of money and equipment to help restore power and heat knocked out by Moscow's missile and drone strikes.
- MarketsMorning Bid: China lift, rates shift, crypto crunch
A look at the day ahead in U.S. and global markets from Mike Dolan.
- FOCUSRare success for Alzheimer's research unlocks hope for future therapies
The first big breakthrough in 30 years of Alzheimer’s research is providing momentum for clinical trials of “cocktail” treatments targeting the two hallmark proteins associated with the mind-robbing disease.
- Fans brace for politically charged U.S.-Iran match at World CupSoccer ·
November 29, 2022 · 12:22 PM UTC
Diplomatic foes the United States and Iran face off on the pitch at the World Cup on Tuesday in a match that some Iranians fear may see further run-ins with stadium security or clashes with pro-government fans over raging protests back home.
- South Korea orders striking truckers in cement industry back to jobsAsia Pacific ·
November 29, 2022 · 12:55 PM UTC· undefined ago
South Korea ordered about 2,500 striking truckers in the cement industry to return to work on Tuesday, an unprecedented step that invokes tough strike-busting laws as construction sites run out of building materials nationwide.