The magnitude 7.8 quake was the worst to strike Turkey this century and it heaped more destruction on Syrian cities already devastated by war.
- WorldHow China's balloon over America steered its way into spying history
When China's suspected surveillance balloon first passed into U.S. airspace north of Alaska's Aleutian Islands on Jan. 28, American officials believed there was a good chance it would keep traveling on a northern trajectory over sparsely populated areas.
- MarketsWall St opens lower on Fed fears; Tyson Foods slides
The S&P 500 opened 0.41% lower, while the Nasdaq Composite dropped 0.85%.
- FOCUSDrug companies face COVID cliff in 2023 as sales set to plummet
Pharmaceutical companies that made billions from the pandemic over the past two years selling vaccines and treatments are now up against a steep COVID cliff and investor pressure to spend their windfalls wisely.
The GrammysRed-carpet style at the Grammys
- Ukraine's defence ministry in turmoil as Russia readies offensiveEurope ·
February 6, 2023 · 1:34 PM UTC
Ukraine sent mixed messages over the fate of its defence minister on Monday, leaving a key post in its war effort in doubt even as it braces for a new Russian offensive.
- Motor racingWilliams aiming for points and progress in 2023