Republicans in the U.S. Senate on Wednesday blocked a Democratic bid to push through new voting rights protections, delivering another major blow to President Joe Biden's domestic agenda just months before the Nov. 8 congressional elections.
- EuropeBiden sees Russia moving on Ukraine, sows doubt on Western response
U.S. President Joe Biden predicted on Wednesday that Russia will make a move on Ukraine, saying Russia would pay dearly for a full-scale invasion but suggesting there could be a lower cost for a "minor incursion."
- United StatesU.S. Supreme Court spurns Trump bid to keep Capitol attack records secret
The U.S. Supreme Court on Wednesday rejected former President Donald Trump's request to block the release of White House records sought by the Democratic-led congressional panel investigating last year's deadly attack on the Capitol by a mob of his supporters.
- United StatesFlorida suspends health official who urged staff to get vaccinated
A top Florida public health official has been put on administrative leave as officials investigate whether he violated a state ban by emailing employees about their low vaccination rate against COVID-19 and urging them to get shots.
- United StatesU.S. to distribute 400 million free N95 masks at CVS, Walgreens in COVID fight
- The Great RebootBetting Omicron has peaked, PM Johnson drops COVID rules in England
- Healthcare & PharmaceuticalsNew Mexico asks National Guard to teach as COVID shuts schools
- Future of HealthStudy casts doubt on reliability of rapid antigen tests in kids; COVID transmission through breastmilk unlikely
- WorldNew Zealand rules out lockdowns as it prepares for Omicron outbreak
- AmericasCoronavirus spreading like never before in Americas, health agency says
- Healthcare & PharmaceuticalsVaccine group Gavi says additional $5.2 bln needed to ensure supply