The United States, the World Health Organization's top donor, is resisting proposals to make the agency more independent, four officials involved in the talks said, raising doubts about the Biden administration's long-term support for the U.N. agency.
- United StatesU.S. charges Texas man for threatening Georgia election officials
The indictment marked the first case brought by a federal task force formed in response to a wave of intimidation that has engulfed election administrators since the 2020 presidential vote.
- WorldU.S. and Russia agree to keep talking after meeting on Ukraine
The top U.S. and Russian diplomats made no major breakthrough at talks on Ukraine on Friday but agreed to keep talking to try to resolve a crisis that has stoked fears of a military conflict.
- United StatesTwo New York City police officers shot, are in 'critical' condition
Two New York City police officers responding to a domestic violence call were shot on Friday and are in critical condition, according to the police department.
- COVID-19U.S. judge blocks Biden federal employee COVID vaccine mandate
- United StatesFDA expands use of remdesivir to patients with high risk of hospitalization
- United StatesU.S. studies highlight the need for COVID boosters to fight Omicron
- WorldWHO recommends reduced dose Pfizer COVID vaccine for under 12s
- United StatesUS starts shipping free COVID tests amid Omicron -White House
- United KingdomUK designates Omicron sub-lineage a variant under investigation
- The Great RebootIs COVID retreating in the U.S.? Data paints encouraging scenario