The week in bank CEO pay packages: Morgan Stanley CEO James Gorman gets a 6% raise to $35 million in total compensation, while JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon gets 9.5% for a total of $34.5 million … British pubs, restaurants and bakery chains are coming after some of the world’s biggest insurers in court … And the U.S. Fed has a white paper out on issuing its own digital currency
Russia will face severe economic sanctions if it installs a puppet regime in Ukraine, a senior UK minister said on Sunday after Britain accused the Kremlin of seeking to install a pro-Russian leader there.
- Middle EastPenny pinching and power cuts; Lebanon's middle class squeezed by crisis
Lebanese school teacher Sara Wissam and her husband were comfortably off before a run on the local currency decimated the value of their salaries and dragged them towards poverty.
- Asia PacificTonga struggles with ash, psychological trauma after eruption and tsunami
Families have stopped children playing outside as Tonga struggles to deal with ash and the psychological fallout of last week's volcanic eruption and tsunami, aid workers and residents said.
- AfricaHeavy gunfire heard in Burkina barracks, gov't denies army takeover
Sustained gunfire rang out from several military camps in Burkina Faso early on Sunday, but the government denied the military had seized power.
- ChinaBeijing introduces more COVID measures as cases mount before Olympics
- Asia PacificOne surrendered Hong Kong hamster tests COVID positive as city lockdown grows
- Asia PacificNew Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern cancels her wedding amid new Omicron restrictions
- Asia PacificS.Korea reports second-highest COVID count ahead of holiday
- Asia PacificTwo Australian states to test school students twice weekly for COVID
- IndiaIndia's COVID-19 cases rise by 333,533 in last 24 hours - govt
- Healthcare & PharmaceuticalsPfizer CEO sees annual COVID vaccine rather than frequent boosters