- WorldFrom bomb shelter to dorm room: Ukrainian students find refuge at U.S. colleges, article with gallery
Hlib Burtsev wanted to film himself opening admissions decisions from U.S. universities and share the videos online, imagining the hugs and cheers from his family if he got good news.
- U.S. judge says he leans toward releasing some evidence for Trump search
A U.S. judge on Thursday said he is leaning toward releasing some of the evidence presented by the U.S. Justice Department to justify its search of Donald Trump's Florida home last week, in a case pitting news organizations against federal prosecutors.
- MarketsMorning Bid: Dollar back on the march, article with image
A look at the day ahead in U.S. and global markets from Mike Dolan
- BusinessGM restores quarterly dividend after more than two years
General Motors Co said on Friday it would reinstate quarterly dividend payouts, suggesting the automaker was confident it was past the worst risks from the pandemic and the economic turbulence of the past several months.
- Strikes bring London's transport network to a halt, article with galleryUnited Kingdom ·
August 19, 2022 · 10:55 AM UTC
London's transport network ground to a halt on Friday as train and bus workers held strikes over pay and conditions, the latest in a summer of labour market disputes as double-digit inflation eats into wages.