China's President Xi Jinping and Russia's President Vladimir Putin set their sights on shaping a new world order as the Chinese leader left Moscow on Wednesday, having made no direct support for Putin's war in Ukraine during his two-day visit.
- FinanceUS banks face scrutiny as Fed rate decision looms
A scramble by troubled U.S. lender First Republic Bank to secure a capital infusion kept worries about the broader banking sector alive on Wednesday as authorities considered steps to further strengthen financial stability.
- MarketsMorning Bid: Jittery markets attempt risk-on rally while waiting for Powell
A look at the day ahead in European and global markets from Ankur Banerjee
- WorldEarthquake in Afghanistan kills at least 13, nine of them in Pakistan
At least 13 people were killed and more than 90 injured in Pakistan and Afghanistan after a magnitude 6.5 earthquake struck late on Tuesday, government officials said.
- Marcos says new military bases with US to be "scattered" around the PhilippinesAsia Pacific ·
March 22, 2023 · 6:29 AM UTC
President Ferdinand Marcos Jr said on Wednesday four new military bases under the Enhanced Defense Cooperation Agreement (EDCA) with the United States would be located in various parts of the Philippines, including in a province facing the South China Sea.
- Middle EastIsraeli strike hits near Aleppo airport -Syrian officials
An Israeli air strike hit near Syria's Aleppo airport early Wednesday, causing "material damage" and shutting down operations there, Syrian officials said, while regional intelligence sources said the attack hit an Iranian arms depot.