- United StatesAfter Buffalo supermarket massacre, investigators examine warning signs, article with video
An investigation into the shooting of more than a dozen people in Buffalo, New York, turned on Monday to whether warning signs of the attack were missed, as public figures decried the suspect's racist ideology and the spread of white supremacy.
- EuropeUkrainian force begins evacuating from last Mariupol stronghold
The force holed up in the last Ukrainian stronghold in the besieged port of Mariupol began evacuating on Monday, appearing to cede control of the city to Russia after months of bombardment.
- European MarketsS&P 500 ends lower as Tesla falls, while energy rallies, article with image
The S&P 500 ended lower on Monday, with Tesla and other growth stocks losing ground after downbeat Chinese economic data added to worries about a global slowdown and rising interest rates.
- Healthcare & PharmaceuticalsAbbott, FDA enter deal over reopening of baby formula facility in Michigan
Abbott Laboratories said on Monday it had reached an agreement with the U.S. health regulator to resume production of baby formula at its troubled Michigan plant, marking a major step towards resolving a nationwide shortage of the product.
- Aerospace & DefenseUnited Airlines lifts second-quarter revenue forecast, article with image
- Healthcare & PharmaceuticalsFDA declines to authorize common antidepressant as COVID treatment, article with image
- Healthcare & PharmaceuticalsFDA to soon authorize Pfizer's COVID booster shot for younger kids - NYT, article with image
Two years into the COVID pandemic, the U.S. is grieving a once unthinkable death toll