The week in bank CEO pay packages: Morgan Stanley CEO James Gorman gets a 6% raise to $35 million in total compensation, while JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon gets 9.5% for a total of $34.5 million … British pubs, restaurants and bakery chains are coming after some of the world’s biggest insurers in court … And the U.S. Fed has a white paper out on issuing its own digital currency
Britain on Saturday accused the Kremlin of seeking to install a pro-Russian leader in Ukraine, and said Russian intelligence officers had been in contact with a number of former Ukrainian politicians as part of plans for an invasion.
- Middle EastPenny pinching and power cuts; Lebanon's middle class squeezed by crisis
Lebanese school teacher Sara Wissam and her husband were comfortably off before a run on the local currency decimated the value of their salaries and dragged them towards poverty.
- Asia PacificTonga struggles with ash, psychological trauma after eruption and tsunami
Families have stopped children playing outside as Tonga struggles to deal with ash and the psychological fallout of last week's volcanic eruption and tsunami, aid workers and residents said.
- SportsTiley denies reports Djokovic will sue Tennis Australia
Australian Open chief Craig Tiley said he does not believe Novak Djokovic will sue Tennis Australia following his deportation from the country, and that he expects the world number one to return to play at the Grand Slam event next year.
- Asia PacificS.Korea reports second-highest COVID count ahead of holiday
- IndiaIndia's COVID-19 cases rise by 333,533 in last 24 hours - govt
- Asia PacificTwo Australian states to test school students twice weekly for COVID
- Healthcare & PharmaceuticalsPfizer CEO sees annual COVID vaccine rather than frequent boosters
- ChinaChina's Beijing orders more COVID tests as cases mount before Olympics
- Asia PacificHong Kong warns of worsening COVID outbreak as leader defends hamster cull
- EuropeFrance's Constitutional Council approves Macron's vaccine pass