- United KingdomBoris Johnson vows not to resign
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, fighting to save his premiership amid a storm over a series of lockdown parties in Downing Street, told parliament on Wednesday he would not resign.
- WorldWater crisis looms for tsunami-hit Tonga; New Zealand help on the way
Two New Zealand navy vessels will arrive in Tonga on Friday carrying critical water supplies for the Pacific island nation reeling from a volcanic eruption and tsunami and largely cut off from the outside world.
- MarketsMorning Bid: Goldman Sachs adds another layer of stress
A look at the day ahead from Julien Ponthus.
- TechnologyExclusive: Google to improve enforcement of adult ads policy
Alphabet Inc's Google said this week it would immediately improve enforcement of an age-sensitive ad policy after Reuters found ads for sex toys, liquor and high-risk investments in its search engine that should have been blocked under its efforts to comply with UK regulations.
- Macro MattersWall Street banks eye 'new normal' for trading revenue
- FinanceBank of America profit beats estimates on loan growth, M&A boost
- FinanceMorgan Stanley quarterly profit beats on wealth management, M&A boom
- Retail & ConsumerP&G raises sales outlook on resurgent demand for cleaning products
- Healthcare & PharmaceuticalsUnitedHealth profit beats estimates on health insurance unit boost
- BusinessBarrick's Q4 gold output rises 10% sequentially
- Retail & ConsumerBurberry bullish on profit as outerwear and leather goods sales soar