The week in bank CEO pay packages: Morgan Stanley CEO James Gorman gets a 6% raise to $35 million in total compensation, while JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon gets 9.5% for a total of $34.5 million … British pubs, restaurants and bakery chains are coming after some of the world’s biggest insurers in court … And the U.S. Fed has a white paper out on issuing its own digital currency
Britain on Saturday accused the Kremlin of seeking to install a pro-Russian leader in Ukraine, and said Russian intelligence officers had been in contact with a number of former Ukrainian politicians as part of plans for an invasion.
- Asia PacificBlast hits western Afghan city of Herat, killing at least six
A blast ripped through a minivan in the western Afghan city of Herat on Saturday, killing at least six people, according to officials.
- AfricaGhana blast leaves survivors with cuts and questions
In less than an hour Apiate was reduced to a wasteland of rubble, timber and twisted metal, a huge crater yawning at its core from the explosion.
- United KingdomUK lawmaker says she was sacked from ministerial job for her 'Muslimness'
Nusrat Ghani said she was fired partly because her Muslim faith was making colleagues uncomfortable, the Sunday Times reported.
- Healthcare & PharmaceuticalsPfizer CEO sees annual COVID vaccine rather than frequent boosters
- Asia PacificNew Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern cancels her wedding amid new Omicron restrictions
- Asia PacificHong Kong warns of worsening COVID outbreak as leader defends hamster cull
- Asia PacificTokyo hits record 10,000 COVID cases, Japan over 50,000 for first time
- EuropeFrance's Constitutional Council approves Macron's vaccine pass
- ChinaChina's Beijing to maintain COVID emergency status as Winter Olympics loom
- Asia PacificAustralia's Queensland state says peak of Omicron two weeks away