- WorldU.S. Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade, ends constitutional right to abortion, article with video
The ruling hands a momentous victory to Republicans and religious conservatives who want to limit or ban the procedure.
- WorldU.S. House passes gun-safety legislation as court expands gun rights
The U.S. House of Representatives on Friday passed significant gun-safety legislation for the first time in three decades, sending it to President Joe Biden to sign, a day after a Supreme Court ruling that broadly expanded gun rights.
- LegalFederal appeals court puts FDA ban on Juul e-cigarette sales on hold, article with gallery
A U.S. federal appeals court on Friday put on hold the Food and Drug Administration's ban on sales of Juul Labs Inc's e-cigarettes, after the company appealed the health agency's order and said the ban would cause it "irreparable harm".
- MarketsWall St Week Ahead: Bruised U.S. stock investors brace for more pain in second half of 2022
With U.S stocks on track to mark their worst first half of the year in more than 50 years, investors are studying a range of metrics to determine whether the coming months could bring relief, or more of the same.
In Pictures:Celebrating Pride worldwide
- With Roe overturned, U.S. Democrats turn abortion battle to November midterms, article with galleryUnited States ·
June 24, 2022
Leading Democrats sought to turn Friday's Supreme Court decision overturning Roe v. Wade into a rallying cry for the November elections, warning of grim consequences for women, contraception and gay marriage if Republicans regain control of Congress.