Russia on Thursday charged an American correspondent for the Wall Street Journal with spying, in a case certain to escalate Moscow's diplomatic feud with Washington over the war in Ukraine and likely to further isolate Russia.
- WorldKentucky helicopter crash: nine killed after Army Black Hawks collide
The two helicopters collided in a training mission near Fort Campbell.
- BusinessYellen says US bank rules may be too loose, need to be re-examined
She also called for stronger regulation of the growing non-bank, or "shadow bank", sector.
- FOCUSAs weight-loss drugs hit the U.S. market, doctors debate how to use them
Should they be used broadly, along with diet and exercise? Or should higher risk patients with other conditions be prioritized?
- LegalCalifornia officers charged in death of suspect who cried "I can't breathe"
Seven California Highway Patrol Officers have been charged in the March 2020 death of a suspect during a traffic stop after they pinned him to the ground while he screamed, "I can't breathe," before he lost consciousness and died, the prosecutor in Los Angeles said.
- Fire on Philippine ferry kills 29, including children; 225 rescuedAsia Pacific ·
March 30, 2023 · 1:20 PM UTC
Philippine rescuers searched the smouldering ruins of a burnt-out ferry on Thursday for any survivors or more victims of a fire that swept through the inter-island vessel killing 29 people, including a 6-month old baby, authorities said.