NATO said on Monday it was putting forces on standby and reinforcing eastern Europe with more ships and fighter jets, in what Russia denounced as Western "hysteria" in response to its build-up of troops on the Ukraine border.
- BusinessWall Street reverses, ends higher in late session rally
Wall Street bounced back from a steep sell-off late in the session to close higher on Monday, with bargain hunters pushing the indexes into positive territory by closing bell.
- Middle EastYemen's Houthis fail in second missile attack on UAE
Yemen's Houthi movement, aligned with Iran, launched a missile attack at the United Arab Emirates on Monday that targeted a base hosting the U.S. military but was thwarted by U.S.-built Patriot interceptors, U.S. and Emirati officials said.
- Civil RightsThree Minneapolis ex-police officers were indifferent to George Floyd's pleas, jury told
Three former Minneapolis officers broke the law by failing to stop Derek Chauvin killing George Floyd during an arrest and were indifferent to the handcuffed Black man's dying pleas, a prosecutor told a jury in opening statements in the federal trial on Monday.
- WorldDo not assume COVID pandemic reaching 'end game', warns WHO
- United StatesU.S. COVID peak may be over but not the pain as deaths rise
- United StatesU.S. Supreme Court rejects House Republicans' challenge to pandemic-era voting rules
- Middle EastFourth COVID vaccine shot raises resistance to serious illness for over-60s: Israel
- United StatesSarah Palin's positive COVID test delays NY Times defamation trial
- IndiaIndia's Omicron wave may intensify in coming weeks -experts
- Healthcare & PharmaceuticalsRich countries' access to foreign nurses during Omicron raises ethical concerns, group says