- LegalU.S. prosecutors should weigh releasing more Trump search details, Bolton says, article with image
The U.S. Justice Department should consider releasing at least some of the evidence it used to justify searching former President Donald Trump's Florida home last week, Trump's former national security adviser John Bolton said on Wednesday.
- LegalFlorida prosecutor suspended by DeSantis over abortion stance sues to regain job
A Florida state attorney on Wednesday sued Governor Ron DeSantis after he was suspended earlier this month for saying he would not prosecute anyone who sought or provided abortions.
- WorldIn New Mexico, Muslims reject sectarian label for killings, article with image
National Muslim groups have linked the killings of four Muslim men in New Mexico over the past year to sectarianism, but Muslims who knew the victims and suspected gunman point to revenge and personal feuds as possible motives.
- WorldHuge explosion hits Kabul mosque, many casualties feared
A huge explosion struck a mosque in Kabul during evening prayers on Wednesday, witnesses and police said, with many feared dead or injured.
- Missouri man charged for threatening election official in Arizona, article with imageUnited States ·
August 17, 2022 · 9:11 PM UTC
The U.S. Justice Department said on Wednesday it has charged a Missouri man for leaving threatening voicemails for an election official in Arizona, marking the sixth federal criminal case brought so far to combat the rising tide of threats against local election officials.
- Healthcare & PharmaceuticalsBluebird's $2.8 mln gene therapy becomes most expensive drug after U.S. approval
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Wednesday approved bluebird bio's gene therapy for patients with a rare disorder requiring regular blood transfusions, and the drugmaker priced it at a record $2.8 million.