- WorldJuly 4 parade shooting suspect slipped past Illinois "red flag" safeguards, article with gallery
The man charged with killing seven people at a Chicago-area July Fourth parade slipped past the safeguards of an Illinois "red flag" law designed to prevent people deemed to have violent tendencies from getting guns, officials revealed on Tuesday.
- WorldHeavy fighting, widespread shelling in battle for Donetsk, say Ukrainian officials
Russian troops are engaged in heavy fighting supported by widespread artillery fire as they launch a major offensive for Ukraine's Donetsk region, Ukrainian officials said, a day after Moscow declared victory in the neighbouring province of Luhansk.
- MarketsDollar reigns as investors fear recession pain, article with gallery
Asian stocks fell and the dollar stood by a two-decade high on the euro on Wednesday.
- WorldChina fights COVID flare-ups on multiple fronts including Shanghai
China is fighting COVID-19 flare-ups on multiple fronts across the country including an emerging cluster in Shanghai, spurring mass testing drives and fresh restrictions, as pressures mount on local officials to avert a wider spread and huge disruptions.
Boris Johnson's government in chaos
- Thousands more evacuate in Sydney even though heavy rains ease, article with galleryAsia Pacific ·
July 6, 2022 · 5:39 AM UTC· undefined ago
A wild storm system that has pounded parts of Sydney with torrential rain for four days has moved away from the city, satellite images showed on Wednesday, although rivers remained above danger levels, forcing more evacuations.