NATO said on Monday it was putting forces on standby and reinforcing eastern Europe with more ships and fighter jets, in what Russia denounced as Western "hysteria" in response to its build-up of troops on the Ukraine border.
- BusinessWall Street reverses, ends higher in late session rally
Wall Street bounced back from a steep sell-off late in the session to close higher on Monday, with bargain hunters pushing the indexes into positive territory by closing bell.
- AfricaBurkina Faso army deposes president in West Africa's latest coup
The army says it ousted the president, suspended the constitution, dissolved the government and closed the country's borders.
- Civil RightsThree Minneapolis ex-police officers were indifferent to George Floyd's pleas, jury told
In opening a trial that hinges on when a police officer has a duty to intervene in a colleague's misconduct, a federal prosecutor said the three ex-officers broke their oath with a callous indifference to Floyd.
- WorldDo not assume COVID pandemic reaching 'end game', warns WHO
- United StatesU.S. COVID peak may be over but not the pain as deaths rise
- United StatesNew York judge strikes down state mask mandate
- United StatesU.S. Supreme Court rejects House Republicans' challenge to pandemic-era voting rules
- IndiaIndia's Omicron wave may intensify in coming weeks -experts
- United KingdomBritain says 6,000 more people needed for trial of Merck COVID pill
- United StatesSarah Palin's positive COVID test delays NY Times defamation trial