- United States'Our work's not done' Biden says at one-year mark
President Joe Biden acknowledged Americans' frustration as his first year in office came to an end on Wednesday, but said the United States was on track to meet considerable challenges from the coronavirus pandemic and inflation.
- EuropeBiden sees Russia moving on Ukraine, sows doubt on Western response
U.S. President Joe Biden predicted on Wednesday that Russia will make a move on Ukraine, saying Russia would pay dearly for a full-scale invasion but suggesting there could be a lower cost for a "minor incursion."
- BusinessWall Street sell-off deepens, Nasdaq confirms correction
Wall Street's main indexes ended sharply lower on Wednesday, with the tech-heavy Nasdaq confirming it was in a correction, after a diverse set of corporate earnings and as investors continued to worry about higher U.S. Treasury yields and the Federal Reserve tightening monetary policy.
- United KingdomCalling UK PM "disgraceful", Conservative lawmaker defects to opposition
A lawmaker quit Boris Johnson's Conservative Party on Wednesday to join the opposition, describing the British prime minister's behaviour over lockdown parties as "disgraceful"and fuelling a rebellion against his premiership.
- Macro MattersWall Street banks eye 'new normal' for trading revenue after stellar two years
- FinanceMorgan Stanley outperforms rivals with profit beat
- Aerospace & DefenseUnited Airlines cuts capacity forecast, flags cost pressure on Omicron turmoil
- FinanceBank of America profit beats estimates on loan growth, M&A boost
- Retail & ConsumerP&G lifts sales forecast as price hikes, hygiene product demand continue
- Healthcare & PharmaceuticalsUnitedHealth says Omicron-driven cost impact cushioned by healthcare deferrals
- BusinessBarrick's Q4 gold output rises 10% powered by Nevada gold mines