President Joe Biden's Democrats took their push to protect U.S. voting rights to the floor of the Senate on Tuesday, where legislation is roundly expected to fail in the face of united Republican opposition.
- TechnologyMicrosoft to gobble up Activision in $69 billion metaverse bet
Microsoft Corp is buying "Call of Duty" maker Activision Blizzard for $68.7 billion in the biggest gaming industry deal in history as global technology giants stake their claims to a virtual future.
- EnergyOil hit 7-year highs as tight supply bites
Oil prices on Tuesday climbed to their highest since 2014 as investors worried about global political tensions involving major producers such as the United Arab Emirates and Russia that could exacerbate the already tight supply outlook.
- United StatesNew York City row house explosion and fire kill 1, injure 9
An explosion and fire gutted a row house in New York City's Bronx borough on Tuesday, killing at least one person and injuring nine, including five police officers, the city fire department said.
- United StatesU.S. website to order free COVID-19 tests up and running
- Healthcare & PharmaceuticalsExplainer: N95? KF94? Which mask is best at protecting against COVID-19
- United KingdomExclusive: Britain preparing for end-June switch to paid COVID tests - document
- Macro MattersAnalysis: With Omicron, global economy spots chance to push past COVID
- Healthcare & PharmaceuticalsChina urges caution opening overseas mail after Omicron case
- Healthcare & PharmaceuticalsWHO urges manufacturers to provide COVID-19 vaccine data
- The Great RebootU.S. CDC warns against travel to 22 destinations over COVID-19