- Tsunami-hit TongaNew Zealand navy vessels with supplies to reach on Friday
Two New Zealand navy vessels carrying disaster relief will arrive in Tonga on Friday, the first international supplies to reach the Pacific island nation reeling from a volcanic eruption and tsunami.
- United StatesTexas rejects hundreds of mail ballot applications under new voting limits
Texas election officials have rejected hundreds of mail-in ballot applications, abiding by a new Republican-backed law just weeks before a March 1 primary kicks off this year's U.S. election cycle.
- United StatesGiuliani, other pro-Trump lawyers hit with subpoenas over Jan. 6 attack
The congressional committee probing the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol issued subpoenas on Tuesday to three lawyers who joined former President Donald Trump's unsuccessful attempt to overturn his election defeat: Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell and Jenna Ellis.
- Healthcare & PharmaceuticalsGilead says counterfeit versions of its HIV drugs ended up with patients
Gilead Sciences Inc said an unauthorized network of drug distributors and suppliers sold pharmacies more than $250 million of counterfeit versions of its HIV treatments over the last two years, endangering patients.
- Aerospace & DefenseAT&T, Verizon pause 5G rollout near U.S airports to avoid flight disruptions
- United StatesU.S. website to order free COVID-19 tests up and running
- Future of HealthExplainer: N95? KF94? Which mask is best at protecting against COVID-19
- Asia PacificAustralia calls on backpackers to help ease Omicron-fuelled labour shortage
- Asia PacificJapan poised to widen COVID-19 controls as Omicron drives record infections
- AmericasBrazil reports record daily COVID-19 infections as Omicron spreads
- The Great RebootU.S. CDC warns against travel to 22 destinations over COVID-19
- United KingdomExclusive: Britain preparing for end-June switch to paid COVID tests - document